Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go- mobile data not working

scoobylodge29
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an iphone 12 mini, on pay as you go.  I have tried everything but cannot get my mobile data working.  I've made sure the APN details are correct even done the resets but nothing works.  When I have the wifi switched off and mobile data on, it comes up with 4G in the top right hand corner but does not work.

Any help would be great, thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @scoobylodge29 

This is more than likely your APN settings.  Make sure you have selected pre paid in your network setting.  Text WEB to 40127 to download the APN settings.  Also, synchronise to itunes to download the correct APN settings.

If all fails, try a new replacement SIM card, speak to live chat, tell ToBi what you want and you will get connected with an advisor who will get this sent out to you.  

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated.  

BandOfBrothers

Hi @scoobylodge29 

May I ask does this issue happen in one particular place or everywhere  ?

Has Mobile Data worked OK before  ?

Also as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens please as this will help determine whether the fault is phone,  account or sim card based ?

As your getting a 4G icon in the phone's status bar this does point to possibly your Apn settings being correct although it is a good idea to recheck them.

Text WEB to 40127 or manually key them into the phone's Apn Settings section.

Vodafone-uk-apn-settings. 

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/apple/iphone-12-mini-ios-14-1/connectivity/set-up-your-phone-for-interne... 

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can check your account for you.

If your near an apple store then an Apple Store Genius Bar Employee will be able to help too by looking at the phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated.  Turns out my norton protection on my mobile was causing issues as well as my data settings being wrong.