cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-starting Big Value Bundle when I have existing credit - why do I need to supply payment details?

nkh08
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

After stopping my existing BVB a few months ago, since I wasn't going anywhere and could use broadband for all my communication, I've been on the PAYG 1 plan.

I still have about £14 credit due to previous top-ups and decided today to start up a £5 BVB using that credit, but when I try to do this on the phone it wants new payment details. Is this normal? Why can it not take the first payment from the existing £14 credit?

I'm worried it might start a new payment from my card and wipe the existing credit...hopefully others have done this before and can let me know if this is normal. Thanks.

--

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @nkh08 

The smallest BVB you can purchase is £10.00 here: Vodafone Big Value Bundles 

If you opt into the bundle by calliing 2345, through your online account or Application you should be able to purchase the bundle with your existing credit.  Further information for you here: How can I buy a Big Value Bundle? 

If you are having problems purchasing the bundle with your added credit Customer Services/Live Chat will help.  Alternatively, speak to the Social Media Teamhere .

edited to add:  Although the £5.00 BVB is not available to purchase online, the bundle is available through the My Vodafone Application.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @nkh08 

The smallest BVB you can purchase is £10.00 here: Vodafone Big Value Bundles 

If you opt into the bundle by calliing 2345, through your online account or Application you should be able to purchase the bundle with your existing credit.  Further information for you here: How can I buy a Big Value Bundle? 

If you are having problems purchasing the bundle with your added credit Customer Services/Live Chat will help.  Alternatively, speak to the Social Media Teamhere .

edited to add:  Although the £5.00 BVB is not available to purchase online, the bundle is available through the My Vodafone Application.

Thanks....I'll try the 2345 option and if that doesn't work with my existing credit I'll have to contact customer support.

There is a £5 BVB option if I go through the My Vodafone app, but it's (deliberately?) hidden at the bottom of the list and is not an option on the website. I don't need anything more than that for the time being, especially as I have reward points that I can use to occasionally bolt on extra minutes/data.

--

Neil

So....according to the "How can I buy a Big Value Bundle?" page the 2345 text option does not appear to offer the £5 BVB.

However, if you call 4354 it's the first option you get, so that's what I did and it took it from my existing credit. Thanks for your help @AnnS.