Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reactivation the same number

Kaan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Dear Community members

I have a sim card and it is expired because I am in Turkey now. I need to reactivate the sim card because my WhatsApp is associated with this number but i cannot connect my whasapp because I cannot get any text. Do you have any suggestions to get just one message from the WhatsApp to connect my whatsapp  with the same number 😕

Best wishes

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kaan 

If this is a PAYG number that has expired due to inactivity it may be impossible to get the number back.  There is also the additional problem of you no longer being in the UK.

Follow this link for confirmation.  Contact Us 

As far as WhatsApp is concerned follow the help here: WhatsApp help 

I am not sure what PAYG is. I will be in the UK in a couple of months. I know the number has been disconnected because of inactivity but it doesn't make sense there is no chance to use the same number.

AnnS

Hi @Kaan 

It does make sense @Kaan , it is an Ofcom ruling that all PAYG SIM's have to be in use, there is not an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers available and when the number has not been in use, networks have to disconnect and reuse the number.

Speak to the Social Team they will let you know if there is any possibility of retrieving the number but it's going to depend on how long it has been since the number was reused.  With you not being in the UK for a further 2 months adds to the problem.