Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving mobile number

Steviewareing
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

In an attempt to speak to a real person through e-mail/messages, I am reaching out through forum in hope someone from vodafone will respond. (I don't want to phone as I am overseas) I have attempted to send a private message to moderator but got this repsonse: "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later." (no messages have been sent)

I closed my paymothly account in October 2018 as I have moved to Australia for two years. I thought I had moved it on to pay as you go and wasn't told of anything about my number being disconnected from lack of use. Up until October 2019 I have regularly used the number to recieve codes for different login checks but not used it as my primary number.   

Since October 2019 I have not been about to use the number, is there a way for me to get it back? Every account I have in the UK is connected through that numnber 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Steviewareing 

So to answer a couple of your questions.

A forum member can't send a private message to a moderator I'm afraid.

Have you tried ringing the Vodafone mobile number ?

If a Vodafone Payg sim isn't used to make a call , send a text , use data or top up then after a period of 270 days @ of inactivity Vodafone can deactivate the Vodafone Payg account.

They then quarrantine the mobile number and then after what ever Vodafone see as a pre determined time they put the number back into the number pool and re issue it out to another person or in some cases let another UK network have it

Usually if a person realises pretty fast that their account and number have been disabled then Vodafone can re instate it but we are probably talking days or a week or so.

There would be no harm in asking the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  but I think you must ready yourself to be possibly advised it's been too long , but you never know.

There is no account access assistance via the Vodafone Forum anymore so you can't be helped from your post here I'm afraid.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.