Ask

Solution

Some feedback on Pay as you go plus

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi there, 

This is one for the Vodafone team.

I’m hoping you can pass some feedback along to the pay as you go plus team. 

So little bit of background, I’ve been with EE for quite a few years now. Decided to dip my toe back in the Vodafone pool but wanted to ‘try before you buy’ (as in check the signal coverage in the all the places I need it to work) before signing up to a two year deal. 

I decided to port my number to a PAYG sim, then realised that actually this PAYG plus actually would be better. So had to port back out again as there’s no journey (I can see) to migrate from PAYG to PAYG plus.

Anyway, onto the feedback. Ordering was really easy. Went for the eSIM option with a new number (the order journey allows you to enter a number and a PAC code but as I was in the process of porting out, to port back in to this new offering, I opted to do it later).

So for those who don’t know. This new service wants you to self serve via the My Vodafone app. All great. Except… they’ve not included the ‘bring my number to Vodafone’ options within the app. They do have the option to leave Vodafone. Just not the options to port a number in. 

Seems like a bit of a miss as a lot of people opt to bring numbers later on. I then searched for the ‘bring my number to Vodafone’ webform and it’s there but asks you to sign in. When you do, as it recognises you as a Vodafone PAYG plus customer, it doesn’t let you onto the site and just displays a page pushing you to the app. So you get caught in  a loop. 

Resolved it eventually via live chat but think for a product that wants you to only self serve via an app, that functionality is essential and shouldn’t be missing. 

I assume it’s on the roadmap but just want you to put this on their radar as it’s good customer feedback.

3 REPLIES 3

donnyguy

I’ll also add… the ordering of the extras via the app are really easy.

Am really impressed that the 200 international mins for £7 lasts 3 months rather than one and includes a whole heap of countries (first time I’ve been able to call South Africa using this kind of bundle). The package is also cheaper than the one you offer on pay monthly. 

I’ve also decided that I’m going to see out the remainder of the summer on PAYG plus before moving to pay monthly. 

This is because there’s also roaming packages I can add on for Egypt and Qatar that give me an allowance to use in those countries that is a whole heap cheaper than £7,39 per day on pay monthly (seems to have increased from the £6 I remember from way back when)

So loving the offering so far.

Hello, @donnyguy. I hope you're well. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience with PAYG+ and the functionality which is currently available within the MyVodafone App. We are always looking to make things more straight-forward and user-friendly for our customers, so your feedback on this is appreciated. It's also great that you're enjoying the service so far, it's certainly what we like to hear. 

donnyguy

Thanks for the reply @Charlotte 

If they can fix the issue around being able to self serve keeping your number (or perhaps clearly signpost people to do it via an agent on live chat), it’d have been perfect. 

So far, so good.