cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble Porting Tesco Mobile Number to Vodafone – Not Recognized as Tesco Number

akshaykumar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to port my prepay number from Tesco Mobile to Vodafone, but I'm running into an issue. When I submit my porting request, Vodafone doesn't seem to recognize my number as coming from Tesco Mobile. I’ve double-checked everything on my end, but it still won’t work.

A few details:
- I’ve already registered my number with Tesco Mobile and it’s a single line on a prepay plan.
- I haven't tried for the PAC code from Tesco Mobile as it's a prepay plan. I'm getting Tesco OTP when Vodafone tries to request/register the porting process in their software.
- Vodafone seems to be having trouble identifying the number as a Tesco one.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Could it be because Tesco Mobile operates on O2’s network? Any advice on how to fix this or what might be causing the problem?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Jason

Hi @akshaykumar. To transfer your mobile number over to Vodafone, you'll need a PAC from your existing network provider. When you've got your PAC from Tesco Mobile (by texting PAC to 65075 for free from your Tesco Mobile phone), you'll be asked to enter it, along with the number you'd like to transfer over to Vodafone -  you can do this by logging in with the temporary Vodafone mobile number we gave you here. If you encounter an error, please take a screenshot so that we can take a look (please don't include any personal information on the screenshot). 

Hi, @Jason The store agent doesn't mention it or ask for PAC. 

That's concerning to hear. To transfer from Tesco Mobile to Vodafone, I can assure you @akshaykumar that you'll need a PAC. You can read more about this on our 'Move my number to Vodafone' web page.