Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to access Vodafone website

Squab
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been unable to load the Vodafone website for the past two days. Vodafone is not my internet provider, but I have a payasyougo sim with Vodafone and haven't been able to check my account. Otherwise my internet connection is working fine.The only problem is with Vodafone.

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Squab 

If you are trying to log onto your online account from the website, this is working and there should be no reason for you being unable to access your account.

The usual solution to this is to clear all your cookies and cache close down the browser and try again, very often it's a cookie preventing log in. You can also try from a different browser, Chrome works well with Vodafone.

Hi AnnS,

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, but the problem persists. I always use Chrome, and Vodafone is the only website not responding. I don't think the problem is specific to my system, it is something to do with Vodafone itself. I'm ready to give up and switch to a more user-friendly provider. I've also had problems with money disappearing from my V. account. Thanks anyway.

MarkD

What browser are you using to access our site @Squab? Can you send us over a screenshot of what's happening when you're trying to access the website? 

richardbradley
4: Newbie

This has been an on-and-off issue for me for many, many months.  Right now it is impossible for me to even reach the login page of My Vodafone account using my Chromebook (yes, I've tried it using different profiles, InCongito mode, cleared out all cookies, history etc.) and I still get "Page not found" when I click on the Login icon or attempt to access via My Vodafone -> Recent Bills etc.

richardbradley_0-1656013184218.png

If I try the same thing on a Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer using Chrome or Edge then I successfully get a "Log in" page and am able to prceed into my account.

Surely Vodafone isn't intentionally preventing Chromebooks from being able to reach the Login page.

Is anyone out there successfully able to login to their My Vodafone account using a Chromebook?

Hi @richardbradley 👋 I'm sorry to see you're having some issues logging into your My Vodafone account on your Chromebook - thanks for letting us know what you've tried so far. 

As you can access it via other devices, it does rule out any issues with your account itself - it does suggest it's something to do with the device or the settings. Have you ever altered any privacy/online settings that you're aware of? 

Hi Amanda,

No, I have not altered any privacy or online settings.

I do not have a second Chromebook to test, which is why I was asking if anyone out there can confirm that they can reach the login page from their Chrome book.

It certainly cannot be anything to do with my account as the error occurs the moment I attempt to go to the login page - well before I get a chance to enter my username.   Rather than being provided with a box to enter my username, I just get the page not found error. 

When I hover over the login icon I can see that the URL is https://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/faces/home

When clicking on this, it briefly redirects to https://vodafone.co.uk/websenter/portal/myvodafone/pages_accountdashboard and then ends up on https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/system/Page+Not+Found?wc.referer.page=%2Fmyvodafone%2Fpa...

If I compare this with the result when using Chrome on a Windows 11 machine, the browser is redirected to something much more complicated (I've removed some of the detail from state, nonce, client etc. in the URL replicated below case it reveals more about me than I would like to share in this forum).  However, if I paste that URL into the browser on my Chromebook I successfully get a login prompt, followed by a password prompt and a request for a security code.  It lets me go through all of this and even asks me to select which one of my registered services I want to view, but then says "We didn't recognise your details"!

Initially it looked like I might have a work-around - but alas, no!

As I  have no problems with accessing any other websites on my Chromebook, I can only conclude that there is something fundamentally incompatible between the My Vodafone service and Chromebooks.

Best regards,

Richard.

https://login.vodafone.co.uk/login?ReturnUrl=%2Fconnect%2Fauthorize%2Fcallback%3Fscope%3Dopenid%2520......

Having exactly the same problems now. Worked on a Chromebook early in the year, but for the last two or three weeks no login has been possible from the Chromebook. Can do it from a PC with no problems using the Chrome browser and Google account.

What is Vodafones issue with Chromebooks????

Perhaps as Vodafone continues on the EVO2CLOUD initiative (recent update below about migrating their SAP system to Google Cloud) someone might fix the problem that prevents Chromebooks from even reaching the My Vodafone login page!

If anyone from Google is reading this forum, it would be great if you could help Vodafone fix the problem.

https://cloud.google.com/blog/topics/telecommunications/evo2cloud-vodafones-sap-migration-to-google-...

This is exactly my experience. I get the Oops page not found when I try to log in using my Chromebook but it is just fine when I use my Windows or Linux devices.

It seems as if Vodafone's IT people have never looked at Chromebooks or considered what might be happening.

Just try it and you will see the problem. Please do not trot out the same old "clear your cookies and cache" message again - this is no help at all.