Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to enter credit card details

matt0r
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there

I'm trying to buy a phone and SIM only deal on the website but when I get to the point I would enter my credit card details I get the following error:

"The payment details you provided don't match. Please check they are correct and try again."

However, I've not actually entered my credit card details

(For what it's worth, what I'm trying to buy is: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/phones/pay-as-you-go/motorola/edge20-lite)

I've tried clearing caches and cookies etc (and three different browsers!)

I can only conclude it's a screw up with the format of my address in different databases but then again, I'm already a Vodafone broadband customer (approx four years now). It's and Edinburgh address so sometimes it trips up on the 1f.

Tried the help line and apparently they don't do sales over the phone?! (The agent said she'd ask her manager and then pretended to and didn't which was a but ugly!)

Not sure what to do, would I have more success going to a Vodafone shop?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @matt0r 

I suspect the problem here may be due to you already being a Vodafone Broadband customer. 

Try purchasing the phone using an alternative email address to the one you are using for your Broadband and see if it makes a difference.

When you purchase a SIM only pay monthly contract, being a broadband customer you would be entitled to a discount here: Vodafone Together 

If this does not work visiting a store would get the phone you are trying to purchase.  Also, look at third party SIM free phones.

@AnnS thanks for your response!

Have already tried

- using a different email address,

- using my partner's name and credit card

...but no joy.

Thanks for the Vodafone Together tip - however I'm just interested in buying the phone for now (with the £10 5gb one off top-up sim required to get the package)

Guess I'll try the store. Horrible feeling is that when I get there I'll be told it's a web only deal or something.

This is one of the "Dear Vodafone, please let me give you money posts" but I'm penalised because I'm already an existing customer.

AnnS

Not having much luck here @matt0r you should be able to make an online phone purchase.

I am thinking along the lines of an error on the website and if this is happening to you, you can just bet there will be other want to be customers having the same problem.

This deserves to be investigated by the Social Team, if you post a screenshot of the error on the thread this will give them something to go on.  The Team can be contacted through social channels here: Contact Us