Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to top up

tblackburn
2: Seeker

Hi, I can't seem to top up my pay as you go sim.  I've called 2345 and it tells me there is a technical fault so I can't top up; I have tried to top up online but it tells me I have entered an invalid mobile number, and the vodafone app I have just downloaded to top up also is 'offline'.  Is there a big problem with Vodafone today?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

R7F

I am having the very same issue, have now been trying to top up for an hour, and have also tried the chat line but may as well ask next doors' dog as I came away even more furious. I was with EE with my old mobile, and still would be if the signal where I live wasn't non existent. So, only last month, I changed to a new phone, chose vodafone, and was forced to buy a BIG VALUE BUNDLE' totally against my will as all I wanted to do was top up my new phone with £20. This would have lasted me 2-3 months with EE as I am a low user, but after only one month with one of these stupid bundles I have no credit, despite the fact that I haven't called anyone and the new phone sat in a drawer for 2 weeks whilst I used up the credit on my old phone. And this is a ''good'' deal??  The chat line gave me another number to call which is also out of order so here I am ; two phones, one with no signal and one with no credit. What  do I think of Vodafone? customer services = 0  easy ways to top up=0 time taken to try to top up (still unsuccessfully) = 2 hours. Everyone; if you are within range of EE go with them, top up is just a call away and takes 1 minute, ah......

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @tblackburn  & @R7F, Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention both 👍 We’ve just been made aware that this issue has been sorted and the top up service should be back up and running again, we really appreciate your patience while this was being fixed. 

@R7F In regards to the signal issues you've been having, are these on your EE SIM or your Vodafone SIM? Please let us know. Also, you mentioned about your use of the service - our bundles simply provide you with the best value if you use your phone everyday. If this isn't ideal for you, you can also look at the our Pay As You Go 1 option, this gives you unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 50MB of data to use the same day and would cost you £1 each day a chargeable service is used.  You can find out more about this here