Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking phone

brassedoff29
2: Seeker

Hi to everyone.

I guess my username says it all that is how I feel about Vodaphone. I filled in the vodaphone unlocking code form on the 16/11/18 received a reply soon after acknowledging my request stating I would hear back in a couple of days or ten if they had to go to the phone manufacturer. Still no reply as of today so contacting customer care (duh) was sent a text as follows: my mobile phone number and the code 1500. Does anyone know where I go from here no further instuctions sent. Tried to ring Vodaphone on 191 several times only to get NO SIGNAL nothing new that is why I want rid of Vodaphone along with many other frustrations i have encountered with them. Would welcome any help.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @brassedoff29

As long as a person meets all the criteria for unlocking a phone then there shouldn't be an issue especially as you've received an email from Vodafone accepting your request. 

May I assume their is nothing in any email spam folders ? 

Also may I assume your not unlocking an iPhone as an iPhone does not unlock via a Nuc but is instead released by Apple from their Database which can take a further 20+ days plus sometimes. 

If it's not an iPhone then are you able to use Live Chat to speak to Vodafone about the status of your unlock request. 

They can also provide the direct email address for the Nuc Department. 

Vodafone contact-us.

To add we have a Vodafone Social Media Team on the Community Forum that has access to accounts so also will be able to help. It's a case of waiting for them to catch up with your thread. 

I hope you get the news your waiting for soon. 

Sub Note > You'll need an alternative Network Sim Card that's activated. 

i.e Connects to that networks mobile data.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks foryour reply. I have now got my unlock code from Vodaphone. However, being Vodaphone things are NEVER easy. I have put the unlock code into my Nokia C3-00 mobile phone and it throws up on the display CODE ERROR. Why oh why are Vodaphone so difficult and frustrating to deal with. I have sent an email to the resolution dept but judging by the service i have received thus far I wont hold my breath on hearing back from them anytime soon. Please can anyone help me on this issue.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@brassedoff29 It's a shame to see you're getting an error when trying to unlock your phone. We'll need to access your account to check the code and see if there's any others available. Please get in touch using the information in my private message

Thank you foryour pm Alex. I have never ever been so frustrated in my whole life as i have with Vodaphone over this issue of unlocking a phone. Tried unlock code supplied by V everytime entered display shows CODE ERROR. Sent email to the nuc email address supplied by V email returned undeliverable. You ask for my mobile phone number there is NO POINT can never get a signal so you are unable to text me as I never receive. I supplied you with my other mobile phone number and a land line number and my home address and still this issue is not addressed. All i will say is that companies that carry on in this manner only live to regret their actions in time when customers look elsewhere and then the employees say I cant understand why the company folded. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO LOOKING AFTER YOUR CUSTOMERS AND YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL STAY LOYAL TO THE COMPANY, ABUSE YOUR CUSTOMERS AS VODAPHONE DO AND THE CUSTOMER WILL LOOK ELSEWHERE AS I AM.

I will ditch this phone that Vodaphone will not let me unlock, buy another and make sure that everyone i come into contact with is made totally aware of what a C*** company Vodaphone are.

@brassedoff29 - I’m sorry to hear the frustration it’s causing. We do want to help to get the phone unlocked. I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the community with and nothing’s showing.

If you’ve sent us your details via the link @Alex sent, then please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

Hi Gemma I have never received a reply to my email on the link I sent to Alex so I am unable to supply you with a reply reference.

@brassedoff29 - It sounds like you may have replied to the Private Message instead. I’ve sent another private message to you. Please follow the steps from there, with how to bring up the form to complete. Once you’ve done this, it’ll route through to my teams email inbox. You’ll then receive an auto reply.

Charless26

1. Make sure you have a screen lock. 
  2. Tap Security Smart Lock. If you don't see Security, tap Security & location.
  3. Enter your PIN, pattern, or password krogerfeedback
  4. Pick an option and follow the on-screen steps.

Mildred12345

The Network Unlock Code or NUC (sometimes called a Network Unlock PIN or NUP, or Network Control Key or NCK) allows you to unlock a mobile phone from its original network. If you already have a NUC, here's how to use it. Prepaidcardstatus