Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unverified Bill charge on my PAYG account

Mindi16
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Unknown purchases added to my PAYG account what are they?

I am on PAYG so bid value bundle paid for & then an Extra .. there is a 'purchase ' for £45  which I did not order and another one. And I was under the impression that being pay-as-you-go I couldn't use any data or services Without first paying for A big value bundle or an extra

I would like to know what these unknown purchases are.. I haven't authorised,, And is being on PAYG mean you pay for data calls etc first so if you have no credit you have no services.  Please can Vodafone look into these unknown purchases on my account Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mindi16

When I first starting reading your post I started to think of MMS Messages which are long messages or messages with pictures inserted in them and are charged for at 45p but you'd have to be sending quite a lot of these to reach that amount. 

As your On Payg I assume you had that amount of money on your Account ?

Then theres possibilities such as In-App purchases. 

And Vodafone haveServices such  Link > Charge-to-Bill. <

Then there's subscriptions to services that can come about from hitting links etc.

There is also a daily charge when the  Data Allowance is exhausted in the BVB.

Payg Charges are contained within > Vodafone pay-as-you-go-terms-and-charge.

What I would suggest is to call Vodafone Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat as they have Account Access to be able to see what's occurred. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Mindi16

A sum as high as £45 sounds very strange, if it's a single payment. According to the Charge to Bill FAQs, the maximum amount for a single transaction is £30. The highest value BVB is also £30, and the nature of the charge would be clear. Also any OOB usage would appear piecemeal, as multiples of 30p (or 35p if you have a BVB) for a call, or 14p (or multiples) for a (long) text, or £2 for a day's internet access, not an aggregated sum.

You should contact Live Chat, or call191, asap to get this investigated.

Also, even if you run with a high credit balance normally, I'd advise not topping up again until you know what's going on. For my own peace of mind, I normally run with a maximum balance of £20-30, although at the moment it's a little higher in anticipation of a trip outside Europe.

Annie_N

@Mindi16

I've just checked my online account, and there is a "Charge to bill" bar, which should stop such charges. It also stops you from donating to charity services or presumably charging car parking to your phone account, but I'd suggest engaging it until you know what's happening. It's under Services and Extras: Bars and Data Alerts.

Thanks to all who replied...there was no credit at all on account as being PAYG.. & had a BVB paid . I always thought too that being PAYG meant all any service used had pre paid fr before use I didn't know you could be billed after use say data etc!

Annie_N

@Mindi16 wrote:

I always thought too that being PAYG meant any service used had pre paid fr before use. I didn't know you could be billed after use say data etc!

Quite agree! I thought the absolute maximum amount you could owe was the £3 credit you can get under IOU, and I suppose a very slight possibility of some data used overseas coming through very late. A sum of £45 doesn't seem to make sense from any perspective; with the £30 transaction limit, even accidental/deliberate charging to the wrong phone shouldn't be possible..

As suggested above, try calling 191 or using Live Chat, and make it very clear that you haven't authorised any charges to your phone. Please let us know how you get on.