cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone PAYT roaming in EU - is this change going ahead?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi All,

As per the title, I'd read that Vodafone were introducing roaming charges for prepaid customers from June 8th. 

However I now can't find any reference to this - is it still going ahead?

Asking as my bro-in-law has just ported his work number to VF PAYT as he's changing companies (plan is to port it then back to new work phone line) and is off to France and Belgium this week, 

Is he going to be charged £2 per day after Wednesday or not? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

This has been delayed. Not gone live today. It’s a case of watch this space for a new date. For now though, free roaming confines for PAYT. 

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Steph

Hey @donnyguy I hope you're well! As per our Roaming page here, from the 8 June 2022, Pay as you go customers will need to activate a European Roaming Extra before or during their travels. This will enable them to use minutes, texts and data while in 49 European destinations.

From the 8th June, your brother-in-law will be able to add on a Roaming Extra via the My Vodafone app. 

donnyguy

This has been delayed. Not gone live today. It’s a case of watch this space for a new date. For now though, free roaming confines for PAYT. 

Hello - I have just been on the Vodafone chat with a representative for nearly 20 minutes and she told me that there will be no changes - but you are saying that: "As per our Roaming page here, from the 8 June 2022, Pay as you go customers will need to activate a European Roaming Extra before or during their travels. This will enable them to use minutes, texts and data while in 49 European destinations."  So, who is right? Her or you please?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LittlePoppy -I’m sorry for the different information you’ve been given. The information you’re seeing on the link you’ve posted is correct, although there’s been a slight delay in the new European Roaming passes being available.

When they are, roaming in a European zone b destinations will not be included in any Pay as you go plans and roaming extras will be required to use your phone. When you land in a zone b destination, you’ll receive a welcome message advising to purchase a roaming extra to roam in that destination. If you’re already roaming at the time of the change, then you’d be sent a SMS to give notice to buy an extra.

For Pay as you go customers, the European Roaming extra would start from the date you purchase it. Please keep a look out on our website for when the new passes come into effect.