cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What happens when data in a bundle run out?

beebb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If I'm on a 30-day bundle with my payg sim and I run out of data on 20th day, what would happen if I continue to try using data?
1. unable to get on internet (vodafone would stop my data usage and let me choose renewing my bundle early or buy some extra before I can go online again)
or
2. let me go online without warning and go straight to standard data charge using my credits

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @beebb 

When you need extra data there is an extra here: PAYG Extras .  The problem is with 10 days remaining, this may be an expensive way of purchasing extra data.

The other alternative is to opt out of the BVB early, you will lose all other benefits, and purchase a new BVB to take care of 30 days use with the data you need. here 

When you opt out the number will be on PAYG 1 until you purchase a new bundle, make sure you are using a WiFi connection or Vodafone may well take a £1.00 for data access.

Thanks AnnS.

So will I be charged as payg1 the second my data run out? Or I will be stopped from using the internet (and get prompt for my options) when it runs out?

What I tried to be sure is whether I will have a chance to buy extra or renew my bundle early as soon as my data run out, instead of being allowed to go on and charged with the higher standard rate without warning.

AnnS

No @beebb  you will still have the minutes and texts, it's just extra data you will need to purchase from the Extras link.

The cheaper way of getting what you need is to opt out of your current BVB and purchase the new BVB early.