cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why has my BVB data remaining been halved?

nkh08
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello...I purchased a SIM with a £10 Big Value Bundle in December (which didn't go smoothly, but that's another story). Due to the triple data offer that gave me 9GB of data, and when I checked with phone support during a call for a different matter they told me that whatever remained of the 9GB (not the usual 3GB) would carry over to month 2.

Sure enough, in mid-January another £10 was taken from my top-up account and my data remaining went from 7.6GB up to 10.6GB. The My Vodaphone app indicated 10.6G/12G remaining and things progressed for the next few days until my data remaining was somewhere around 8.5 - 9GB.

Then on Thursday the app suddenly showed 5.9G/5.9G remaining and has now dropped to 5.8G/5.9G following some light email useage and web browsing. So it looks like I've lost around 2.5 - 3GB for some reason. Anyone have any ideas why the data remaining has suddenly been capped at such an usual amount?

Is there some hidden T&C that I'm failing to see?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @nkh08 

I would have thought this would be due to needing to use the extra data during a 30 day period and only the core data (3GB) rolling over when the BVB is renewed.

The Terms and Conditions are here: Triple Data on Pay as you go 

However, the amount is confusing but should be something live chat or Customer Services should be able to clarify.  Give Customer Service channels a try first or return to the forum and follow this link:  Contact Us 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @nkh08 

I would have thought this would be due to needing to use the extra data during a 30 day period and only the core data (3GB) rolling over when the BVB is renewed.

The Terms and Conditions are here: Triple Data on Pay as you go 

However, the amount is confusing but should be something live chat or Customer Services should be able to clarify.  Give Customer Service channels a try first or return to the forum and follow this link:  Contact Us 

Thank you...yes it turns out that only the "core data" rolls over, not the bonus amount.

When I discussed this on the support chat today (after bypasing the useless TOBi) I found out it is indeed in the T&C. Unfortunately I made the mistake of believing the support person I spoke to back in December who was incorrect in saying the full 9GB rolled-over.  So my attempt at saving most of the data for a trip later this month was a waste of time.

After pointing out that this was the 3rd problem I've had since purchasing the SIM, they added the bonus back on for 30 days. I was so happy, I forgot to check why the extra 0.1GB had disappeared!