Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

transfe rdata to new phone

Johnh29
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Old phone has standard Sim card new phone has Micro sim  how can I transfer data and Can I keep my old number

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS and Band of Brothers Thank you for your advice and Help,  I tried backing up but my phone, but it  has given up on me by just does a  vibrate and Lock up after a few seconds so with patient  managed to write my contacts and numbers down  then tried a factory reset , but still the same  happening. So new phone being ordered, Chosen The G9  mainly for the camera  while walking my dog many opportunities, the advantage of living in the country . Will go for the new number for less nuisance calls and just have to inform the essential people Again Thank You for your help

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Check your sim card as it maybe a multi sim where a smaller sim pushes out if it.

If not take ID to a Vodafone Highstreet Store and they'll sort you out in-house.

As for movement of data which phone do you have so we can be more precise with advice for you @Johnh29 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My old phone is a Smart Mini 4  the sim is the larger of the three and it is not a multi sim  new phone I hope to purchase is the motorola G9 and that takes a nano sim, . I was in the Vodaphone shop on Thursday and young staff I asked can they help and it is £25 for help , wasnt what I have experienced before there, where I live we have a very week signal  so my phone is onlu used when I leave the village and only used in an emergency , spent less than £20 last year and that was due to my granddson connecting the the web

AnnS

Hi @Johnh29 

Follow the links in my reply and order your replacement SIM when completed you will have your  number on a new SIM. 

I would recommend following Vodafone's device guides link here: Device Guides  this will bring up step by step instructions for your new phone.

It's surprising a Vodafone Store was unable to help, when you only wanted to purchase a new phone and do a SIM swap for your number, that is the duty of the store, you were not even asking for Tech Team help. If you put the store location on the thread, this will certainly be picked up by the forum team and fed back to the store, you should indeed receive an apology.

AnnS

Hi @Johnh29 

I have just been looking at the PAYG phones on the website and the phone you are looking to purchase is here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/phones/pay-as-you-go/motorola/moto-g9-play saves you the journey to the store and you should have the phone the following day.  Speak to live chat and order your SIM replacement and activate it online and you will be ready to start using the new phone.

The only problem is it comes with a £10.00 bundle and this will be with a new number, use this first and then use your new SIM for your original number. Just remember to keep the SIM active with some chargeable activity, Vodafone disconnect the SIM from the network when it has not been used for 180 days.  

BandOfBrothers

It's a nice phone looking at your link @AnnS 

The delivery is 4 to 6 working days from what it states on the link @Johnh29 

Screenshot_20210605-114221_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone  >

AnnS and Band of Brothers Thank you for your advice and Help,  I tried backing up but my phone, but it  has given up on me by just does a  vibrate and Lock up after a few seconds so with patient  managed to write my contacts and numbers down  then tried a factory reset , but still the same  happening. So new phone being ordered, Chosen The G9  mainly for the camera  while walking my dog many opportunities, the advantage of living in the country . Will go for the new number for less nuisance calls and just have to inform the essential people Again Thank You for your help

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Johnh29 

I wish you all the best with your new phone.

Please don't hesitate to come back here if you need any guidance.

Perhaps let us know how you get on with your new phone and the photography your planning to take.

Take care.    :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Johnh29 - I'm disappointed to hear of your experience in store, especially when purchasing a new phone should be exciting!
If you would like us to get this fed-back internally, please get in touch with us on social media and include a link back to this forum thread so you don't have to repeat yourself.

As this has been such a bad experience and so called experts don't understand, the meaning of no service, or no ssignal  have had to change provider, aall key board warriers because VOdaphones map shows a great signal does not mean so in practice, I was on a booster but as that has been switched of have no signal at all, so cannot even log in to complain as cannot recieve a code to do it , was past around four people on line and visited the shop three times  qthen AAT last someone excepted what I was saying