cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting number (switching from PAYG to PayMonthly)

antoha17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, everyone!

Last week - on Tuesday, Jan.24 - I went to local Vodafone store and requested a switch from PAYG to PayMonthly keeping my existing number.

The migration (using the transitional temprorary number) went fine on Friday morning - Jan.27 (at least that's what I thought) and my phone has been getting network connection for approx. 4 days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.

However, all of a sudden in the afternoon of Tuesday, Jan.31 the phone lost network connection. Moreover, when I tried to call my number I heard a message "The number cannot be recognised". I went to local Vodafone store and they suggested I should change a SIM card. I did and waited for couple of hours. No network connection.

I gave a call to Customer Support and the guy from technical team assured me that everything will be back to normal within the next 12 hours. Next morning on Feb 1 I woke up just to see that my phone still haven't got network connection. I called Customer Support and a new magical figure appeared - now I was told to wait extra 24 hours for the problem to settle down.

Okay, I waited that time but as you might imagine nothing happened. I gave another (third in a row) call to Customer Support on Feb 2 and talked with 3 different people (support team representative, billing department lady (for what purpose I was switched to her - got no idea) and finally a person from technical team. I was told that the process of switching me off PAYG tariff and porting me to PayMonthly is a very complicated process.

As a result of this conversation new magical figure appeared. I was told to wait 2 to 3 days for the number porting to be finished. Today is the late evening of 4th of February - nearly 3 days past. I have actually lost any hope that my number will be back and working tomorrow or the day after.

I feel like this will never end and my number has gone to limbo. I actually curse the day when I thought about moving from PAYG to Pay Monthly.

My number has not been working for nearly 5 days and worry that some of my clients who probably tried to get in touch with me during that time will turn away from me.

Any word of advice? Whom should I call and what to say? Maybe someone knows the reason for such misfortunate problem?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @antoha17

I would think the process to change from one account type to another type is a complex one. 

I'm aware to change from Pay Monthly to Payg can take 30 days so it maybe the case vice versa. 

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Vodafone Help Link > Moving-from-Pay-as-you-go-to-Pay-monthly.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the answer.

But this is bad news.

It means that I have to wait for about 30 days which is a nightmare.

I haven't got a network connection since Tuesday, Jan.31 - for nearly 5 days.

I cannot imagine what I should being unable to have a mobile number known for all my friends and customers for another 25 days.

AnnS

Hi @antoha17

It does not take 30 days to transfer from PAYG to pay monthly, it's only when changing from pay monthly to PAYG due to the 30 days notice.

Numbers don't port or transfer over a weekend, tomorrow morning live chat will get this sorted for you.

If you find you are going round in circles, come back to the forum and one of the Team will get your number working as it should be on pay monthly.

@antoha17

What happens when you try your old PAYG SIM?

BandOfBrothers

@antoha17 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

But this is bad news.

It means that I have to wait for about 30 days which is a nightmare.

I haven't got a network connection since Tuesday, Jan.31 - for nearly 5 days.

I cannot imagine what I should being unable to have a mobile number known for all my friends and customers for another 25 days.

Hi @antoha17

I did say "maybe" in regards to the timeframe on Payg to Pay Monthly. I fully appreciate what frustration and stress this must be causing you. 

Up to now the people who have replied to your thread are fellow customers with no access to Vodafone Accounts so we cannot clarify to what's possibly gone wrong. The Customer Service frontline agents you've been engaging with and if the issue is beyond their remit they'd escalate this to higher up in Accounts. 

Your login here into the Community Forum has no connection to your Myvodafone Account. The forum Team would need to bring you in via a Private Message in order to get you through Security Protocols and then possibly Direct you to Customer Services. 

I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi guys,

I went to Vodafone store today and together with Vodafone shop assistant we had 40 min conversation with Customer Support.

It turned out that there is a bug in Vodafone system:

overall system shows that the migration from PAYG to PayMonthly is completed. However (as the Vodafone representative showed to me on the screen of his desktop) there is still one operation pending to be done - to switch off Simply tariff plan (i.e. PAYG). Until this is done I won't have any service. There's internal conflict in Vodafone system "migration completed vs switching off PAYG hasn't been done".

Customer support promised me that they will push this forward by Wednesday (8th of Feb) and I should have the network connection restored.

However, I am still sceptical. Having recieved today this explanation together with having looked inside the system I remembered that I had already been told about this problem three days ago. Together with the promise that everything will be sorted out. Although no outcome has been seen yet.

I'll hope for the best. But it seems that every representative of Customer Support manages to reveal the problem each time I talk to them and pass it over to technical team during telephone conversation. And technical team promises to fix it but only in course of conversation. And then they seem to forget to push this switching off. And the problem persists.

Let's see how it goes this time...

AnnS

Hi @antoha17

Your PAYG number should have been changed to your pay monthly SIM.

Try typing the top up number 2345 and see if it say 'not applicable'.  This will confirm if the account has been changed to pay monthly.  A further thought is when you had the SIM card changed, the number would have needed to have been put onto a plain blank pay monthly SIM.

If you have not already opened a pay monthly online account, it may be worth trying and seeing if it accepts the mumber.  This will also help your My Vodafone application follow to check your usage after you have received the first pay monthly bill.  Please remember you will need alternative log in information from the PAYG number, you can't use any information associated with the PAYG account.

If you continue to have problems, please give live chat a try tomorrow morning, a working day, or come back to the forum.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

But I am unable to follow first two advices of yours as I don't have any network connection since Tuesday, Jan.31 - for nearly 5 days.

Hence, I cannot dial any number.

Neither can I use My Vodafone application - it requires me to have network connection which I can't get.

What I will definitely do - I will go once again to the nearest Vodafone store to talk with their representatives and try to give a call to Customer Support together with them.

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

You wouldn't be able to access a pay monthly online account with no network as it will require to send a security text to you each time you set up/login to an account - so you would need connection for this.  The porting support team are open from 9am to 6pm at the weekends so, although ports dont take place at the weekend, its possible live chat may be able to get information for you at the weekend in respect of your issue.  

I hope your issue is resolved soon.  🙂