Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Vodafone International add-on to call from a WorldTraveller country

chrislegrice
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm interested in clearing-up once and for all, whether the Vodafone International add-on (£5 per month, drastically reducing the price of calls from UK to aborad) can be used when travelling in a WorldTraveller country.

I contacted the Vodafone Chat service twice and was told it wasn't possible. However, I asked both people I contacted a related question and got completely conflicting answers, so I don't have confidence they fully know what they're talking about.

I have been reading the terms and conditions of the WorldTraveller extra.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/calling-and-travelling-abroad/vodafon...

Clause 7, under 'Charges', is about making calls and texts to countries that are not the one you're in and not the UK, and it says "...you can use Vodafone International and international bundle allowances..." (please see relevant attachment).

There is a very similar clause in the EuroTraveller terms and conditions (also attached). However, the Euro terms are a little more clear, and I'd be pretty sure you can use Vodafone International call rates while travelling in Europe. However, I want to ask whether this is also the case with WorldTraveller.

To give a scenario:

A pay-monthly user is enrolled in WorldTraveller. They have the Vodafone International too. They go to China (which is a WorldTraveller country). They call a landline in France from China. I assume they will be charged £5 (for the WorldTraveller daily charge) and 5p per minute for the call (which is the France landline Vodafone International rate)?

Any clarification very much appreciated, thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @chrislegrice

If you have opted into World Traveller or Euro Travller, you will be using your UK allowance.  As you are using your UK allowance, this means you are able to use your add on International calling bundle to call an overseas number from your country you are visiting using Vodafone International.

If you are calling a French number and not a 07 or UK landline, fom China and do not have Vodafone International as an extra, the charge will be £1.65 per minute, plus the World Traveller/Euro Traveller charge.  

There is further information on the World Traveller and roaming pages of the website.

I hope that helps from a customer to a customer.  

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @chrislegrice

If you have opted into World Traveller or Euro Travller, you will be using your UK allowance.  As you are using your UK allowance, this means you are able to use your add on International calling bundle to call an overseas number from your country you are visiting using Vodafone International.

If you are calling a French number and not a 07 or UK landline, fom China and do not have Vodafone International as an extra, the charge will be £1.65 per minute, plus the World Traveller/Euro Traveller charge.  

There is further information on the World Traveller and roaming pages of the website.

I hope that helps from a customer to a customer.  

Thank you very much AnnS! Perfect confirmation. Very many thanks indeed for that 🙂

You are my favourite person today, and think you shall remain as favourite! 🙂

Wishing you a great rest-of-the-day!

Chris