Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2FA/OTP messages not received since number port

andybtsn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have a serious issues that unfortunately is beginning to be a real problem for me and access to certain services. 

I had been on Sky for a number of years before porting my number to Vodafone due to getting a work phone/sim. 
I transferred my phones data from one iPhone to a new one and then number ported over.
However, every app that has two factor setup on is now inaccessible due to the phone never receiving the codes. 
I read an article on here about previous telephony provides details caching and to re-enrol my number. I have done this on both Amazon and Klarna tonight to no avail. Amazon couldn’t even call me on the number. 
To name a few of the apps I have my number set as 2FA and not receiving codes are:

Google
Klarna
Amazon
Twitter
Linkedin

Can anyone help with what I can do? My work have spoken to Vodafone but as I can receive normal sms messages from friends it means the sim is working fine. There must be some kind of restriction on the sim?? 

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It's possible due to the port over to Vodafone @andybtsn 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM have account access to be able to help the account holder.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

They might need to raise a case with their Network Engineers to investigate this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @andybtsn 

Don't know if it will help and you may have already read this conversation on Apple Support, sorry if you have : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252871315

If the number is now in the name of your employer this is where the issue will be.