Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

500 Free International Minutes in Roam Further Destinations

stefanogiossi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,
I hope someone can help as Vodafone advisors cannot give me a clear answer, they all say different things. I have a red entertainment contract, which includes 77 global roaming plus destinationants, and 500 minutes of international calls from UK to the EU.

1. If I am in one of this Global Plus destinational, let's say the US, can I call France for free by using those 500 minutes?

2. If I am in a Global Further destination,  let's say Russia, can I use those 500 minutes to call EU destinations? I know in this case there would be a £ 6 daily charge, but I would like to know if I would be able to call without any other additional charge.

The website says 

"If you are in a Global Roaming Plus destination you will be able to make calls using your international minutes, but if you are in a Roam-free destination you may not need to.

Calls to Roam-free destinations will come out of your standard minutes allowance, and calls to Vodafone Global Plus destinations will come out of your International minutes.

If you are in a Roam-further destination you will be able to make calls to the UK, or to the same destination as the one you are visiting at no extra charge – but will be charged international rates for calls to another destination".

However, if I look for information on the general roaming page, and look for costs for phone calls from Russia to Italy, the website gives me the following answer:

"As you have Vodafone Global Roaming, you’ll be charged £6 per day and then £1.50 per minute to call Italy (inc. Vatican City) from Russia. If you have one of our International Saver extras you can use this to call Italy (inc. Vatican City). After you have paid the £6 Roam-further daily charge, any calls to Italy (inc. Vatican City) or other eligible destinations will be taken from your International Saver extra, just as if you were calling from the UK".

Is my 500 minute allowance also considered an international extra saver?

I would be thankful if someone could clarify all this.

Stefano

15 REPLIES 15

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stefanogiossi I can confirm the above information is correct and that your 500 Free international Minutes bundle would be used to call Italy from Russia for instance, instead of the standard international call charges. Once the 500 minutes had been used the normal international call charges would then apply as per the T&C's of you International Saver.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your reply.

I was a bit concerned about Roaming Further countries because, if the bundle could not be used, I would be overcharged. I guess 500 minutes can be used only after I pay £6 a day as access charge? Thank you

Hi Getafix,

Thank you for your help.

I am not sure it clarifies my doubts though.

Hi stefanogiossi, it does help a bit I think.

For your questions and from the table...

1: Global Plus destination, calling a roam free destination = Charge you pay in UK

In the UK, to call France it will come out of your 500 international mins, then it's 10p per min, so this is what you will happen in the US, so essentially a free call unless you talk a lot.

2: Global Further destination, calling a roam free destination = £6 + Charge you pay in UK

Again in the UK, you would get 500 mins free, then 10ppm, so the cost from Russia is £6 a day. and the call is free unless you talk too much,

Do you think the situation has changed with the minutes?

@chistery has cleared it in his post.

I just wanted to keep the table simple, so just Bundled Calling From/To in same group as Roaming Groups.

Obvious thing to state is not all Roam Free countries are in EU 500 mins package. 

Bottomline is When you are Roaming, your calls within the Roaming Area/Country and UK is included in the Roaming Package. Any Call to any other country you pay the Roaming Charges and on top of the add the Charge it would be for UK to that Country. And you get Benefit any packs you have.

Thank you for the replies.

Would this work even in a roaming further area?

Yes.