Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account has been blocked

Robw91
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

2 years into my current contract, so upgraded my device first thing this morning. Vodafone have taken the cost of the device from my account, but this afternoon decided to block my account due to suspected fraud. 

After a live chat and phone call they they stated I needed to go in store to proof my identity. I go in store, and they say I need to fill out the forms on Vodafone/ProtectMe. 

after submitting this form I’ve had no confirmation, but was told I would be contacted within an hour - this obviously didn’t happen. 

Almost 12 hours with no service now, and no support offered from Vodafone whatsoever. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's not good @Robw91 

I would suggest contacting the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the official links Facebook and Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Robw91 

That is simply not good enough and there should be no reason for Vodafone to place a fraud marker against your account after upgrading and you need your service back online tonight. You have already waisted enough time on this and been directed to a store when it was not necessary.

Although you have already had a live chat this afternoon, the quickest way to get your service back will be through the customer service channels on 191 and live chat. It may be worth mentioning that 191 close at 8 pm but live chat should be 24 hours. There is no reason for an advisor being unable to look at your account locate the form you completed and remove the restriction.

You can wait for the forum team through the social media channels but it won't be quick.