Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Are there roaming charges just to have your phone on abroad in a non EU country

TopDog129
4: Newbie

Hi,

I am trying to understand if I will incur any roaming charges on my pay monthly plan if I have my phone turned on but do not receive or answer any calls in a non EU country.

I know the minute I answer or receive a call I am charged per minute and it seems I am charged for sending text messages but NOT receiving them. But is there a daily charge for just having my phone turned on just in case someone needs to me reach me in an emergency.  I am not worried about data as I will be turning on the roaming data bar and will be on wifi all the time anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Anything outgoing incurs a charge for pay monthly customers @TopDog129  Providing you have turned off your data roaming and mobile data and do not make a call or send any texts, you can get all your friends and family to call when you are abroad and you won't pay a penny.

This is mentioned on this link on the charges guide on this link: Charge Checker Roaming 

• It's always free to receive standard rate calls and texts

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

Anything outgoing incurs a charge for pay monthly customers @TopDog129  Providing you have turned off your data roaming and mobile data and do not make a call or send any texts, you can get all your friends and family to call when you are abroad and you won't pay a penny.

This is mentioned on this link on the charges guide on this link: Charge Checker Roaming 

• It's always free to receive standard rate calls and texts