Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Basic Pay Monthly SIM deal

jasons6930
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Guys,

Looking to get a Basics PAY monthly simcard and was wondering if they are speed capped?

I am looking at getting the 4GB one..

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/basics/c/?adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D67FD0...

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The topic of speed capping has come up before @jasons6930 so it's vital to be 100% sure before signing up.

Yes your right the Terms do state a 10mbps cap.

Screenshot_20210309-053940_Drive.jpg

The detail is in the small print and T&c's

Vodafone Payg tariffs are not speed capped and as such you have Payg1 or Big Value Bundles to choose from.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS

Hi @jasons6930 

You will be going through an affiliate site, the plan is Basic - no roaming just simple UK to UK calls and texts.  The data won't be speed capped and you will receive a text when close to the limit.

See here:  Basics - Your charges guide 

Thanks Ann,

It does appear that they are speed capped to 10Mbps, if i understand it correctly..

"Mobile data speed limits apply to our Vodafone Basics plans, the maximum upload and download speed you could experience on your device with these plans is 10 Mbps."

With that in mind, are any of the pay as you go sim only, speed capped?

BandOfBrothers

The topic of speed capping has come up before @jasons6930 so it's vital to be 100% sure before signing up.

Yes your right the Terms do state a 10mbps cap.

Screenshot_20210309-053940_Drive.jpg

The detail is in the small print and T&c's

Vodafone Payg tariffs are not speed capped and as such you have Payg1 or Big Value Bundles to choose from.

Current Phone  >

Thanks B.O.B.

I'll go with a PAYG to keep max speed as i can still set up a direct debit payment and it will be just like a pay monthly.

🙂

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @jasons6930 

Take a look at both options of payg to see which is the best suited for you, and keep in mind that activity such as calls, text , data use or top up has to be made every 180 days or the account can be shut down and number lost.

The ways to top up a Vodafone Payg account are in Vodafone pay-as-you-go-top-up. 

Please take a look to see which is more convenient for you.

Direct Debit isn't an option the same as Pay Monthly.

Current Phone  >

Thanks again.

I can only see a normal PAYG option, although i see there are data only sims, but they appear to be speed capped as well.

Unless i am misunderstanding you!

BandOfBrothers

The data only sims are meant for dongles etc.

Vodafone has Big Value Bundles and Payg1 options.

pay-as-you-go-plans/payg-1 

pay-as-you-go-plans/pay-as-you-go-bundles 

Current Phone  >

Ok great, looks like a bundle could be the best one for my needs.

Last question (promise!).

If i don't top it up before the 30 days, does the plan revert to a non bundled plan, and i lose the included minutes and data that would be normally included? (4GB data ul txts mins etc).

:Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

If you don't have enough credit on your account on your refresh date then any unused data won't roll over and you'll drop to the base price plan until you top up to restart your BVB.

Terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-as-you-go/big-value-bundle. Explains in more detail @jasons6930 

Current Phone  >