Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisting Iphone after theft

lmd19
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone refusing to blacklist a phone because it was bought from Carphone Warehouse. It was one Vodafone’s deals. Spoken to them twice each time fobbed off they don’t know the IMEI number which according to the many many posts on here they do and can blacklist. It had a Vodafone SIM card in at the time of the  theft. Please someone help us. Such poor customer service wish I had never left Three. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @lmd19 

Customer Services are telling you a load of nonsense.  Follow this link and speak to the Social Team :Contact the Social Team through Twitter and Facebook 

Vodafone refusing to blacklist a phone because it was bought from Carphone Warehouse. It was one Vodafone’s deals. Spoken to them twice each time fobbed off they don’t know the IMEI number which according to the many many posts on here they do and can blacklist. It had a Vodafone SIM card in at the time of the  theft. Please someone help us. Such poor customer service wish I had never left Three. 

I have sent them a message - thank you for your swift response. Such poor customer service when your jumping through all these hoops and getting nowhere

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @lmd19, as long as your SIM has been used in the phone for at least 30 days; your IMEI will be linked to your account and our team will be able to get you blacklisted. 

If it hasn't for any reason, with the phone being purchased through a third party; they provide the handset and we provide the plan, which could be the reason why this has happened. Please keep us updated and let us know how you get on. 

I am sorry, but that just isn’t the case. It has and they won’t, even went as far as saying they don’t hold the information. Blocked the SIM though, went back to Carphone Warehouse who actually did believe it as it is a common problem with Vodafone apparently. 

I have sent a message via messenger, what a waste of time, someone came back last night wanting IEMI number?? surely you have this?? If not why are you doing all these deals with third parties and not taking the information to support customers in the first place? I have sent this but still waiting for a response.