Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't blacklist stolen iphone please help

jaskolondon7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, please can someone help me with blacklisting my stolen iphone it's been more than 4 months and Vodafone seem not helping with a proof of blacklisting as I urgently need it for my Barclays Mobile Teck Inurance. I just received a proof of last usage and proof of purchase but on the blacklist section it just says N/A. I just want to add an information that the my sim was not on this stolen phone because I was using 2 iphones with the same sim card therefore Vodafone was able to blacklist only the phone that my sim  was inside but with my other phone my sim card was last used more than 30 days ago. I also have a police crime ref no. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

If the SIM was not in the phone at the time it was lost or stolen, this may invalidate your insurance @jaskolondon7 you need to check your insurance Terms and Conditions.

As far as the blacklisting is concerned speak to the Social Team through social channels here: Contact Us the Team will have all the necessary account access and will help where possible.

Thanks for your reply AnnS. I have tried to contact the VodafoneUK team on the 1st of January on twitter but they just sent me a proof of sim barring and not the stolen phones blacklist date. The team just sent me a proof of last used and purchase and saying that my device is not registered with my account so they don't have enough details but again if they don't have enough details then why they have sent me a proof of the last used and purchase with my IMEI number on it. Clearly my device was used on Vodafone network and as I said please help me with blacklisting the phone as my insurance will not give me a replacement if I don't have a proof of blacklisting and date with my details. I am also suffering anxiety and depression because of this issue and I have a doctor sick note letter. Could you please help me to resolve this problem. Much appreciated for your help and time. Kind regards

AnnS

I don't see why Vodafone can't block the phone @jaskolondon7 , it's the IMEI that gets blocked, not the SIM but if the SIM was in the phone, that would get blocked at the same time.

You have used the phone on the network in the last 30 days, every time your phone connected to the network this would be recorded on the network.

Send the Social Team another message with a link to the thread.