Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CANCEL MY CONTRACT

Sam2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

URGENT

Hi, I need to cancel my Vodafone pay monthly contract on my mobile. I require a Vodafone worker to do this for me ASAP as I cannot call the Vodafone cancellation number. 

Thank you

-S

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sam2 

You can do this by text now by using a PAC or STAC code.

Text PAC to keep the number on an alternative network, as soon as you use the PAC the contract will immediately end.

Text STAC if you don't want to keep the number, but this is going to mean submitting the STAC to any other network.

Ending the contract with a text saves contacting Vodafone and, providing you are out of contract, the contract will immediately end without any 30 days notice any any further charges.

See here: Cancel Account 

1. What is 'STAC', what does it mean it will be submitted to another network

2. Where can I check if I'm out of contract or in

Thanks

Texting INFO returned a Vodafone technical error. Please give my contract end date from your end. 

BandOfBrothers

@Sam2 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

For that info please call 191 , use Live Chat or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry to hear that you've been getting an error @Sam2. As @BandOfBrothers suggested, we can help you take a closer look at the account and clarify the contract end date for you. If you'd like our help, please don't hesitate to drop us line here via social media 😊

Yes please let me know my contract end date. Also, what do I need to text at what number to end the contract?

Thanks

BandOfBrothers

@Sam2 

Take note of @Farai reply in regards to the part highlighted as ' here ' in red lettering.

That's a link to the Social Media Team's pages. So tap on that to be able to start the journey to acquire your contract end date.

You can't be given that information from here as your account can't be accessed from here.

So to recap on what you've been advised on this thread by @AnnS and myself and a Vodafone Social Media Team Member.

In regards to texting to end your contract.

There is a STAC option which ends your contract , moves you to another network but gives the mobile number back to Vodafone to re use when they want.

From Cancel-your-account 

“ Switch to another network and get a new number - get a STAC code.

If you text us, you'll need to send us your 4-digit account PIN. Delete the message after you've sent it so no-one can see your PIN. Find out how to set up or change your account PIN

• Text STAC + PIN - for example, STAC 1234
  • Remember to include a space between STAC and PIN
  • Send to: 75075 ”
  • Give the code to your new provider 

There is the PAC option which ends your contract and you retain your mobile number to use on another network.

“ Switch to another network and keep your number - get a PAC code.

If you would like to text us, you'll need to send us your 4-digit account PIN. Delete the message after you've sent it so nobody can see your PIN. Find out how to set up or change your account PIN

• Text PAC + PIN - for example, PAC 1234
  • Remember to include a space between PAC and PIN
  • Send to: 65075
  • Give the code to your new provider ”

Or ask Vodafone to move your monthly contract to Vodafone Payg which takes 30 days, and ends the monthly contract.

Or give Vodafone 30 days notice to end the contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi what number do I text STAC to?

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Sam2 👋 You can follow the steps highlighted by @BandOfBrothers,‌‌ I've pasted them below for you 👍

• Text STAC + PIN - for example, STAC 1234
  • Remember to include a space between STAC and PIN
  • Send to 75075 
  • Give the code to your new provider