Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call forwarding Pay Monthy activation and deactivation

frankst237
4: Newbie

I have a Pay Monthly Vodafone SIM.  I want to activate call forwarding so I tried the instructions on the Voda website for ALL calls (**21*+447[Removed]#) and always got an error message about No connection or invalid MMI code.

Yesterday I spent 2 lots of 1 hour trying to resolve with customer services and this afternoon I did a marathon 2 hour session trying all the tricks they knew (including completely resetting voicemail and any leftover call forwarding)  but still getting the same error message so I am no further on that yesterday lunchtime and feeling MUCH older and much more frustrated.  After the first day's sessions, I was sent a replacement SIM and I did a SimSwap when it arrived today in case of a SIM problem but no further on.

The last on line Chat ID is 765721211256209558 - this is for any Voda employee who wants to have a look and help me.

The handset is a Huawei P30 LITE dual SIM with the Voda SIM and a THREE PAYG SIM.  I switched the VODA SIM off and did call forwarding with the THREE SIM (in the phone settings) and it worked first time.  I tried switching off the THREE SIM and doing the same with the VODA SIM and got the original No connection / invalid MMI code.

WHY will the VODA pay monthly SIM not allow / support / change to Forward ALL Calls???????  I hope that someone can pick up this cry for help because Customer Services have not been able to resolve the problem - and I am a disgruntled VODA customer locked into the contract for another 8 months!!  The CS team have tried to help so not really any complaints but.........

Thanks in advance if anyone can help, Frank

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @frankst237 Thanks for letting us know what you've tried so far to get your call forwarding up and running.

Have you tried removing the other SIM completely, following the steps to set it up and see if that works? Then we could try popping your other network SIM back in and check how that goes. 

Please let me know how you get on 👍 

Amanda, thanks for the response.

Today the saga moved on again but got nowhere. The SIM / phone number used to be  PAYG that I upgraded to pay monthly with a new account number but the same phone number.

The Vodafone IT systems have got their wires crossed.  They "think" that the pay monthly account is still a PAYG account that does not allow call forwarding hence the errors / problem.

Yet another 90 happy minutes spent on the phone with a UK based tech engineer (who was VERY good at diagnosis and trying to resolve).  Now handed over to "the back office" to unpick the issue.

This might take 3 to 5 working days.

Here's hoping that it can be sorted or it may simply be GOODBYE to Vodafone and go to a different network.

Regards, Frank

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated and yes, that would definitely stop it from working for you. Once your account's changed to pay monthly, you should then be able to to set it up as normal. 

If you'd like my team to keep an eye on it for you, please just drop us a message on social media - if you include a link back to your post here, we'll know what's happened so far 🙂 

Amanda,  I certainly hope that it works out - having spent a total of about 6 hours in chats and calls to customer services in the last 72 hours I am absolutely on the point of throwing the towel in.  Why did it take so long to find the answer - and to be blunt it was at my suggestion that the UK based agent looked at it that way (PAYG vs Pay Monthly) this morning?

There is one key question which will never be answered (I expect) and that is "Why was the upgrade / transfer not completed correctly in the first place?"  If there was somethign I should (or should not) have done at the time why was I not pointed in the right direction?  It has needed an investment (waste) of 6 hours of my time to get to the point of HOPEFULLY (not CERTAINLY) being able to get it sorted.  Yes you will detect a level of unhappiness with Vodafone, but we will not be certain until next week (I hope).

You suggested keeping you informed via social media - I don't use either Facebook or Twitter so the options are limited.

Regards, Frank

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's hard to say what's caused the issue and why it's not been picked up on when you contacted us @frankst237 without having access to the account - I can only offer my apologies and I'm genuinely sorry for the continued inconvenience this is causing you. 

We're only able to take personal information and discuss account specific issues via a secure channel (in our case Facebook or Twitter) - please do keep us updated and let me know how things are progressing.