cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelled my account credit file ruined because account shows active and in arrears

TAHIR_KHALID
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been struggling to build up my credit score and had it at a good place but thanks to Vodafone its completely ruined now.  I contacted the billing team I believe turns out there was a payment that needed to be made AFTER my account was closed but no one mentioned this for months then my credit score drops and shows the Vodafone account is active and in arrears?!

This has now been recorded twice and dropped my score even further by 100 points this is severely damaged my ability to rent an apartment or do anything that requires a good basic credit score.

I was advised by the chat advisor that the account had been settled (not true logged into my account still shows May 2023 payment as in arrears even though I paid it and have proof of payment).

Promises were made about my credit score updating but nothing happened for two months and now my report is showing 2 missed payments!

This is unacceptable the level of incompetence is amazing and I am not alone here the internet is rife with people facing similar issues why has this not been resolved this is a serious issue I cannot and will not recommend anyone to Vodafone if they are likely to face similar issues and I am loathed to return to Vodaone now really burned me with this experience.

Can anyone recommend the next course of action please going through a bad year and really didn't need this to add more fuel to the fire 😞

Thanks in advance.

T

3 REPLIES 3

Effie

Hi @TAHIR_KHALID I'm so sorry this has happened. We can contact the Credit File team on your behalf and get this rectified for you. In order for us to do that though, we will need you to come and speak to us on Social Media

Hi thank you for the gesture but the damage has already been done my credit score is wrecked and it has caused me no end of pain like not being able to get my own apartment or even a mobile phone for use....what alarms me the most is the same scenario and symptoms exist for countless other Vodafone customers going back years how difficult is to simple improve a crap process so it doesn't damage people in this way?

I didn't have the luxury of a great credit score but I had managed to get it to a level where I was looking forward to having a reasonable credit score that is usable so you can imagine the heartache and anxiety this has caused me all because a process or processes are broken and/or lack of training for the customer support team.

I can't fix my situation but what are Vodafone doing to improve this can we get a statement from Vodafone that this kind of thing will not happen again or at least give the customer enough notice and information that they are able to avoid this situation...my case is very similar to this: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Vodafone-seriously-affecting-Credit-Score-through-no/m-p... - no or poor communication and outright false information at times.

Its a shame as I was looking forward to getting Fibre at my new rental unfortunately this experience has really left me scarred I have no faith this will not happen again (unless Vodafone make a statement to this effect that it will not happen again because of XYZ fixes/improvements).

Thank you.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If there had been an error on our behalf, and the markers were incorrectly placed on your account @TAHIR_KHALID we'd be able to get them removed and it will be as if they never existed. If you pop us a message via the link @Effie provided, we'll be able to investigate what happened regarding closure of your account and if necessary remove anything added to your Credit file in error.