Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cape Verde Charges!!

152bobby
4: Newbie

Just landed in Cape Verde and before we got out of the airport, myself, wife and daughter have reached a cap I put on the accounts.  Almost £100 and we had only sent a few WhatsApp messages.

So we are on Airplane mode with WiFi on, not ideal, but helps.

Why on earth is it so expensive, I thought I would have been charged the usual daily data charge tagged on to our UK data plan.  We are on a business plan and unlimited !!!

I'm going to try and talk to a online advisor tomorrow, but if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

152bobby

Forget this, I've more or less confirmed the only "real" option myself and thats Airplane Mode with WiFi on and use WiFi whenever I can get it.

Poor old Cape Verde, who already don't have 4g or higher and only have 2g and 3g.  And Vodafone are turning 3g off soon !!  Good luck to them.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

152bobby

This is a few of the texts we have received..

From Vodafone: Hello. You're now using data in our Rest of World Zone 2 at £0.50 per MB. You've got our £39.01 monthly data spend cap switched on at the moment, but you can opt out permanently - just reply UNCAP, free from your Vodafone mobile. We'll keep you updated on how much data you're using by text.

From Vodafone: So far You've used 36MB of data today in our Rest of World Zone 2 and spent £18 (at our £0.50/MB rate). We'll keep updating you on how much you're using.

I've just downloaded the Vodafone Zone list and Cape Verde is not even listed on the Rest of The World Zone 2, all it states is standard charges apply !!

152bobby

Forget this, I've more or less confirmed the only "real" option myself and thats Airplane Mode with WiFi on and use WiFi whenever I can get it.

Poor old Cape Verde, who already don't have 4g or higher and only have 2g and 3g.  And Vodafone are turning 3g off soon !!  Good luck to them.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Found this info on the website:

Make calls£1.20 per minute

Receive calls 72p per minute
Text messages30p per text
Picture messages66p per text
Using data60p per MB

36MB is nothing to be honest - most smartphones can use 100MB plus just loading Facebook….