main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Checks required when taking additional lines

isaacessex
2: Seeker

Hello, if I had a phone contract with Vodafone (iPhone) and took out a sim only deal and an Apple Watch deal, what checks do Vodafone do?

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

They've already Credit checked you @isaacessex so as long as you've conducted the account OK i.e paying on time etc just contact Live Chat or Customer services on 191 to see what they can offer.

my-vodafone-account/additional-plans. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
isaacessex

Going to be honest, I am in a battle with Vodafone. 

They allowed me to take our two new lines in Feb & March 2020 (a sim only deal and an Apple Watch).

However, I had late and non payments for the previous 6 months when they allowed me to. I had maxed out credit cards and hitting my overdraft limit. Surely they should have not allowed this?? @bandofbrokers

View more options
isaacessex

@bandofbrothers sorry for the typo

View more options
AnnS

Hi @isaacessex 

I am confused you posted this thread last month https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Please-help-Default-added/m-p/2686411#M62927 about your financial difficulties and how much you wanted Vodafone to understand your situation and help and how little money you had and now you want Vodafone to understand further and give you a new contract with a new watch to go with it.

Vodafone have a 3 month clear payment ruling before being able to take an additional line and from the sound of things you already in default and owe Vodafone a lot of money which you cannot afford to pay.

View more options
isaacessex

Where can I see this 3 month rule please?

View more options
AnnS

I suggest you ask Vodafone that question @isaacessex , Vodafone have been having some trouble collecting your payments and they are hardly going to give you an expensive new phone with a watch until your payments are up to date and you have made three clear payments, this gives Vodafone an indication as to how you are going to manage the account and make further payments.

Vodafone have a duty of care to minimise debt and you are already in default of your contract and owe money which you cannot afford to pay,

View more options
isaacessex

Hi,

I will - however, is there anything that states, you need to 3 months clear? That would help.

View more options
Mark

We would always run a check on customers before allowing them to increase the credit on their account @isaacessex, this includes looking at how your account is currently being managed and making regular payments over the previous 3 months would be part of this check. If, as you've suggested in your other post, you're struggling to manage your current payment obligations, I would advise against you trying to take any further credit at the moment. But if you'd like to take a look at your options, reach out to our Online Sales team and they'll be happy to help.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

I'm sure many have encountered issues financially especially with furlough etc due to these unprecedented time's.

It's not for me to judge what's happened.

Please do give Vodafone customer services on 191 a ring if use Live Chat as I adviseed in my first reply, and they'll officially check your account to see what's available specifically for you.

I wish you all the best with this @isaacessex 

Terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/offers-and-promotions. 

View more options
AnnS

@isaacessex 

If things are as bad and financially crippling for you at this point in time and you have written in your first thread, Vodafone are hardly going to give you any additional credit when you are already in default, so no point you even asking.

You need to start trying to sell the iphone and watch you cannot afford and put the proceeds towards clearing some of the debt you already have.

View more options
isaacessex

I am confused what you all mean sorry?

I had missed loads of payments THEN Vodafone allowed me to take out the Apple Watch and Sim only deal? Why was these checks never conducted?

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Credit Checks help a business make a decision whether they allow extra credit or a contract in this case.

The Credit Check results don't ultimately stop a decision. It's then down to the business making their decision to allow the request or not after taking everything into account @isaacessex 

View more options
63johnw

I think the OP is saying that when he took out his previous deal and watch Vodafone should have checked his financial position and so not given him what he asked for, his first post is about trying to find out the checks Vodafone should have done, he doesn’t want a new deal and watch.  

View more options
AnnS

Hi @isaacessex 

Have you spoken to the Social Team? It would be worth getting in touch with the Team, they will have the necessary account access, put you in contact with the Credit Team and help where they can. .on this link 

As far as credit checks are concerned the info is here: Credit Checks 

View more options