Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Closing an old My Vodafone account

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi guys, 

Writing here as having a horrific experience with front line who have suggested a DSAR and a formal request for Vodafone to remove all data held as a resolution to this question.

The question is: How do you / who do you contact to get an old My Vodafone account deleted

My friend has one from way back when she was a Vodafone customer. She's about to re-sign back up and wants to use the original email address for her new account.

If she tries to sign in, it brings up a closed account so can't be re-used.

So just wants to delete it in order to use the email address again to set up the new account.

Simple really... or should be 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This subject has come up before @donnyguy and if memory serves me correctly Vodafone need to keep this information on file for some kind of audit etc purposes.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can officially clarify for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

rum
4: Newbie

I have a similar issue but am I really unable to contact the team on here unless I have Facebook or Twitter? Seems quite restrictive if I may say so...

hrym

Most companies conduct customer service via social media these days and it usually works very well.   KIt's therefore worth setting up an account, even if you only use it for this purpose.   Twitter is generally best for that and you can set very high levels of privacy, as well as not posing anything else.