Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cooling off period for trade in deal

Fozbecks
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been with Vodafone for 2 years and on 11/05/24 decided to use the trade-in option to upgrade.  When my new phone came (15/05/2024)  decided I didn't want the new phone and would stay with my old one.  
As per the returns info on the website I went in to a store within the 14 days with my new phone.  The guy in the store said I was unable to return it yet as the order was still open and they were waiting for the trade-in.  He said I would have to wait for a text to say the trade-in had been cancelled.

i still had rec’d one last night so rang customer services who said he would have to fill a form in to cancel the order and he would ring me back today.  Didn’t receive a call so rang again.  Was on the phone for an hour to be told numerous times that as I was now out of the cooling off period and would either have to pay a termination fee or keep the contract. 
I explained again and again that I had tried to send it back to be told again that she would have to close the open order and ring me back tomorrow.

i just don’t get it.  Am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1

Andy

Hi @Fozbecks I do apologise for the issues you've faced with your return, as you've made us aware of your intent to return within the 14 days return window but this wasn't possible due to the open order, I would expect your return and change of mind to be honoured. We will need to review your account so we can get a full understanding of what's happened. If you could please reach out to the social team via the details here and we will be happy to help.