cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Crazy high phone bill, but I have not used my sim card.

simondurdon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello my name is Simon Poole 

As I have been living in China and Taiwan for the past 12 years I am a little confused about how  extra charges can be added to my phone account. I have not used this number for over 12 years and I don’t have the SIM card anymore.

If the account is still open I hope it can be disconnected as soon as possible as I have no use for a British SIM card and I DON’T live in the country. 

I am still getting billed for a SIM card that I have not used for 12 years. Some of the bills are up to 90 pounds. I think maybe some one has access to my old sim and has been using it. I would appreciate your help in sorting this out as I have been contacted by a debt collecting agency to get money. I don’t think it is fair to pay for something that I have not used. 

3 REPLIES 3

Andy

Hi @simondurdon 👋 As we don't have account access here on this forum, I would need to ask you to contact us via the details in this link, and we will be happy to investigate this with yourself. When you contact us just include a link to this thread so you don't need to explain the situation again.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @simondurdon 

Did you definitely shut down the account before you left the UK may I ask  ?

If you definitely shut down the account then ask your Banks Customer Services to stop any direct debit and ask them about if they can recover the monies and return them to your account. 

Let the Debt Collection Agency know the situation as then they'll stop Collection,  and pass this back to Vodafone. 

As said the team here don't have access to accounts but you can use Facebook or Twitter DM or call Vodafone Uk using their while abroad number.

0044 7836 191 191

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

The more I read this thread it doesn't make sense. Debt is usually written off after 6 years.

Even if there was any money owing, after 12 years the account would have been long closed by Vodafone.  Unless there is agreement with the other country, debt does not automatically follow from one country to another.  

The OP does not mention anything about money being collected by direct debit, if the OP left the UK it's likely any UK bank account would have been closed.

As advised, the best course of action would be to send the Social Team a message, any fraud will then be fully investigated and give closure.