Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit checks on upgrades?

Lannen67
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi... i am away to upgrade my daughters phone.. will i be credit checked for this? 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lannen67 

When you upgrade direct through Vodafone this will be with an Evo Plan here: Evo 

As the device part of the contract will be a credit agreement for the duration of the plan regulated by the FCA and shown on the credit report as a loan, this will require a full hard credit check.  As far as is known the loan for the phone will be provided by Paypal finance.

The other alternatives are to  purchase the phone outright and go SIM free or go through a third party.

BandOfBrothers

Yes you will be @Lannen67 

All new contracts and upgrades for the new Evo plans go through a Credit Check.

If you do nothing the contract won't end but instead will drop onto a 30 day rolling contract.

You could then buy a phone to use the sim card in it as long as the new phone accepts a Vodafone Sim Card.

However Carphone Warehouse offer more Vodafone upgrades options that don't require a Credit Check.

Sometimes they offer more choice in regards to phone models too.

Other options are to move to Vodafone Payg which takes 30 days. The options on Payg are the Big Value Bundles or Payg1 or Voxi.

If her phone is OK then Sim Only on a term length that suits can save money and sometimes the allowances are more generous too.

Or still move to Sim Only and buy a phone separately that's unlocked to all Network's and use the sim in that.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.