Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted account

lorsmac
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I defaulted on my contracts with Vodafone in 2018, and since then I have moved address, I spoke to Vodafone who no longer own the account, how do I find out who the debt collection agency are to begin paying off this debt?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Usually it's the debt collection agency that introduces their self via call or mail.

I appreciate you've moved.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries maybe able to provide some insight.

I'd suggest Twitter @lorsmac 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Once you've paid it off the default will still remain from the default date for 6 years but it's status will change from Outstanding to Settled.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Usually it's the debt collection agency that introduces their self via call or mail.

I appreciate you've moved.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries maybe able to provide some insight.

I'd suggest Twitter @lorsmac 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Once you've paid it off the default will still remain from the default date for 6 years but it's status will change from Outstanding to Settled.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Just to add: Vodafone will still have a record of the history ofthis, but it won't be visible to the frontline customer service people.   The Social Media team can refer you to Credit File Support, who'll be able to get you sorted.  Make sure they update the debt collector and change the flag on your credit record, as @BandOfBrothers mentioned.