Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

E-Sim proplems with Motorola Razr

JGBulmer
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a new unlocked Motorola Razr phone. I've tried to switch my phone over to the E-Sim and it doesn't work. (I should say I have a Sim only contract with Vodafone)
Vodafone chat help have been less than helpful, they try and active the E-Sim in the new phone and de-activate my physical Sim in the old phone. This fails and I have to switch back. They’ve tried 3 times. They said they’ll put in a ticket for further technical help but they just ended up de-activated my old sim without telling me and the E-Sim still didn’t work.
The problem is the Sim Network unlock pin, Vodafone pin’s don’t work and I need to talk to someone that actually knows what there talking about. I don’t want another QR code to scan because it doesn’t work.
If it’s something wrong with the phone, then I can go back to Motorola and ask but I need to speak to someone that knows it’s a problem with the phone not Vodafone.
This is extremely frustrating and I want to talk to someone that know what they’re doing so I don’t go through the same conversation again & again.

21 REPLIES 21

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It may then be beneficial to have a chat with the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Unfortunately Account Access isn't available via this forum.

I wish you all the best with this @JGBulmer 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JGBulmer 

The Motorola Razr is not on the list of compatible supported eSIM devices here: Check if your device is eSIM compatible and that may well be be cause of your problems.  However, the device does support eSIM and it may be coming to the list of compatible devices.

As your SIM has been deactivated, it may be necessary to ask Vodafone for a replacement SIM to use in the phone.  If you use web chat, an advisor will be able to get this sent to you, the SIM can be activated here: Replacement SIM cards 

Hi,

Yes i saw the list and checked with someone on live chat before purchasing the phone. They mentioned it was supported. If this is not the case then i'm happy to take the phone back but no one can give me the answer. 

I tried to activate the Sim with someone on live chat last night using this same form and got an email saying "there's a problem with your SIM swap request" Then it pointed me back at the same form that dosen't work.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry @JGBulmer, it sounds like the adviser was mistaken. I don't believe we currently offer eSIM option for the Razr. We're constantly looking to expand the number of phones eligible to use this option, so I'm sure it'll be available soon. Keep an eye on the list in the link @AnnS provided, as soon as it's available for the Razr it'll be added there.

56kennington

Hi 

Has the Motorola Razr 5g now been made functional on e sim with vodafone uk?

I have just bought the phone but cannot see it on the e sim list.

If not can someone confirm if it will be made available on e sim at all and if so when?

Thanks

David

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @56kennington - the Motorola Razr 5G isn't currently on the eSIM list and we can't say for certain if it will be added, though we're always expanding our list of included phones; so keep your eyes peeled 👀

Thanks. Its a bit of a disappointing answer to be frank. This is still the same as in March when another user asked this same question. Vodafone offers the Razr 5g on its deals too so its quite frustrating that an e-sim cannot be used.

Is there anyway you can prompt Vodfone to make the razr 5g work on e sim?

re-phrase - Is there any way you can prompt Vodfone to get the Razr 5g on their e sim comparability list ?..rather than waiting longer

TJ

I'll be sure to pass your feedback along @56kennington - I certainly cant make any promises; I really hope they add it to the list of compatible devices soon though!