Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early upgrade Policy Change?

EmmaCMF
4: Newbie

So, from 2nd February to 19th February, I was eligible for an early upgrade, as my contract ends 18th April.  Yet coincidentally, on the very day of one of the year’s biggest phone releases, Vodafone have apparently changed their upgrade policy to 15 days before the end of the contract, with no warning.

@vodafoneuk said my account is still showing the original upgrade date, as did live chat last night, but when I spoke to live chat to upgrade today, I was told about the new policy. Can anyone from Vodafone confirm this, please?

If this is indeed the case, then I’m off.

22 REPLIES 22

I was unfortunately victim of this aswell! Rang up on 22nd March to Upgrade and told I had to pay my contract off and unable to upgrade early. As I had smashed my phone I needed a phone so said I'd decline the offer as felt I was being given the best loyalty offer so would cancel in June. 

I rang today and cancel and have been told I should of been eligible for free upgrade 6months early and 30% off contract. So find all this a VERY interesting read! I was also told that the notes say I was offered early upgrade only paying £59 to upgrade early. This was not the case, so Vodafone are lying to cover up their money making scandal!!

Been a loyal customer for Vodafone for 10years with 2 phones on my account. I have always had iPhone and Samsung's.. on the other phone I didnt upgrade they said I could have a phone for £5, unlimited calls texts, 40gb data and red entertainment for £42. absolutely disgusting service!!!!!

Nyasha
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi exact same thing happened to me.I was eligible for upgrade from 2nd Feb 2019.My contract ends on 18 April. Just after the S10 launch, I went to go complete my upgrade only to see that I was "not eligible." I wondered how in the space of 3 hours of the Samsung conference I went from being able to upgrade to being told I still had 2.5 months left? I contacted vodafone to sort out out their error only to be told it was new policy. I wonder what kind of company so blatantly disrespects their customers by bringing out new policies without actually bothering to inform people about it.

Its such a shame as I had a trouble free 2 years with vodafone and would have stayed beyond April.As soon as my contract is up, I will be choosing a different (less greedy) service provider.

Having the exact same problem myself. The MyVodafone app is still showing my upgrade date as the 22nd of march yet have been given about 5 different dates on the live chat and they are now saying may 21st. Really winds me up that they dont announce these changes. Wouldnt of bothered continuing with vodafone if id known it was 15 days, the 75 days early upgrade was a nice selling point, i dont think ill bother staying with them when this contract finishes, shame really as i've been a vodafone customer since my first mobile when i was a teen.