Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Extend voicemail delay time

Elfrider
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

Trying to extend the divert to voicemail delay time on my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G,  but **61*121**11*30# isn’t working. It doesn’t work with any value I enter. I get a confirmation message, but then when I dial *#61# it states my delay time is still 15 seconds and when I test it, it is. Any ideas please? 

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thanks for the help, I’ve tried both variations of the code (**10 & **11) and neither work. Also trying 25 seconds doesn’t work. Strange one, as some people are adamant this solution works whereas others swear it doesn’t. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Elfrider., I'm sorry to see you're struggling to extend the length of time your phone rings before it switches to voicemail. I've recently changed this on my phone and used the following steps 👇

- Dial **61*121*11*

- Then, enter the number of seconds you’d like your phone to ring for, followed by #.

- Press Call and a confirmation message will pop up on your screen with your new ring time

For example, setting it to 25 seconds would look like 👉 **61*121*11*25#.

Hi @Mark,

As mentioned previously this solution doesn't work on my phone. See video here of me trying it, then confirmation afterwards that the delay is still set at 15 seconds:

https://youtu.be/UqFTurtYbg0

Substituting *11 for *10 as some users have suggested also doesn't work.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

The status update always shows 15 seconds, it does with me too. But when I call my mobile from a phone, it rings for 25 seconds and then goes to voicemail. Don't use the status short code to confirm it works... Ring your phone and time it!

I was showing the status update as easily presentable evidence that it hadn't worked - I have also timed it, and can confirm it is still only 15 seconds.

WelshPaul

@Elfrider wrote:

I was showing the status update as easily presentable evidence that it hadn't worked - I have also timed it, and can confirm it is still only 15 seconds.

Odd, works for me.

To be honest, the whole thing isn't ideal and clearly there are issues with the implementation of it all on Vodafone. One shouldn't have to use a variation of codes across different devices and the status check is flat out broken!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange @Elfrider, I've just tried these steps again and this timings have worked. Let's see if resetting your voicemail service by stopping and restarting this will refresh your service and help you update this. Before we start, please make sure you have no unread messages. Resetting this service may delete all your stored messages.

Start by disconnecting your voicemail by dialing 1210. Once this has been disconnected, it's best to leave it off for a few hours, or over night before reconnecting it by dialing 1211.