Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Warehouse 'Technical Issues'

insignia-1986
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I know similar posts have already been created but I am very close to cancelling my contract and taking my business elsewhere.

I ordered a Xaiomi Mi-11T Pro on 27th November (as part of the black friday deals), this was the upgrade to a contract I have held with Vodafone for approximately 15 years!

I was quoted 1-2 weeks delivery when I purchased the phone and subsequently my order status has remained unchanged! The date to redeem the black friday promotion is 27th December (so fast approaching) and it is not operated by Vodafone so I wouldn't imagine that they can do much to extend this period.

I have contacted Vodafone customer support on numerous occasions and have been told a number of different things with regards to the status of my order. these include that my phone had been picked and packed and was awaiting collection by DPD (2 weeks ago), and that in fact the phone wasn't in stock and they were due some in within a couple of days (1 1/2 weeks ago).

The one thing that has remained consistent is the apparent 'technical issues' which the Vodafone warehouse are apparently having (not that anyone can clarify what these are). I have been promised on numerous occasions that my phone would 'definitely' be delivered within 3-5 working days and every time that window has passed without reasoning from Vodafone.

I have a friend who recently upgraded to the same phone through '3 Network' and was told upon placing the order that there was a delay on the handset due to supply issues from China. I would hazard a guess and say that Vodafone are having the same issues.. I just cannot understand why they feel it necessary to not share these issues with the customer and instead lie and make empty promises.

As a long standing customer I am appalled by the significant drop in customer service and will certainly not be recommending Vodafone to anyone looking for a new mobile carrier. 

I am hoping that by posting here someone in the know may be able to help with my situation!

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your correct that some people are experiencing delays with their phone's being delivered @insignia-1986 

Recent threads on the same subject matter lends weight to that.

This seems to be either because of the model of phone or the time of year.

DpD at this time of year are exceptionally busy as well will the Vodafone Warehouse be.

The official announcement is here > Latest-news/Order-Delays. 

I think we all understand that delays happen for a myriad of reasons and things can go wrong.

But what then matters is that a person is kept in the loop and provided a credible timescale.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum so the Team can't check your account status from here. Although they can via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

That or persevere with customer services is best practice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Working as a Warehouse Manager I can appreciate how busy things get at this time of year, however I can also say with a huge degree of certainty that the fault will not lie with DPD as I have used them and have suppliers using them daily without incident. (any delays are usually a day at most).

I have read the recent status update from Vodafone but find it about as useful as their actual order update messages they find the need to send me which state purely they are having issues and DPD will contact me when they have my parcel!

As far as I am concerned as a customer I should not be waiting on DPD to update me on my order but rather Vodafone to explain to me and everyone else affected what the actual 'technical issue' is and more importantly when it is actually likely to be resolved.

It would also be nice to know what happens in regards to offers etc. deadlines for which are likely to be missed due to this.

I have also tried both Facebook and Twitter and both times I have been given the same lines from Vodafone representatives, which is why I am really beginning to lose faith!

DPD are not the issue here, Vodafone is. They simply don't have the stock to fulfill orders and neither do the other networks (Three, ID Mobile etc). Vodafone should stop tarnishing DPD's reputation and simply tell their customers about the ongoing stock shortages that is affecting all network operators at the moment and stop lying to their customers.

@WelshPaul wrote:

DPD are not the issue here, Vodafone is. They simply don't have the stock to fulfill orders and neither do the other networks (Three, ID Mobile etc). Vodafone should stop tarnishing DPD's reputation and simply tell their customers about the ongoing stock shortages that is affecting all network operators at the moment and stop lying to their customers.

I completely agree @WelshPaul - I personally feel very let down by Vodafone. 10+ years ago Vodafone's customer service was excellent so upon returning I (mistakenly) was kinda pleased to return as a new customer again. But quite frankly my experience as a returning new customer has been abysmal & is leaving a rather bitter taste in my mouth. Sadly, I just wish I had bought from another network now.

I placed my order in November - I find it very interesting that throughout that whole time I’ve been pushed from pillar to post which information and false delivery dates….

I decided to make a complaint to the directors office last night, and spoke to a very helpful complaints handler by 1700hrs. I’ve just checked the tracking and just like that, it’s now dispatched and expected to arrive tomorrow! 

@Mononoaware wrote:

I placed my order in November - I find it very interesting that throughout that whole time I’ve been pushed from pillar to post which information and false delivery dates….

I decided to make a complaint to the directors office last night, and spoke to a very helpful complaints handler by 1700hrs. I’ve just checked the tracking and just like that, it’s now dispatched and expected to arrive tomorrow! 

Good to hear you finally got it sorted. 😉

It is just very unfortunate that after jumping through many hoops you are forced by sheer frustration to eventually escalate to complaints in order for it get someones attention.

So whilst Vodafone desperately need to address this issue, the plain truth of it is the Complaints Team will have access to privilege's & the authority to over-ride so much stuff that a regular service agent just does not have access too.  But (from my short experience anyway) I have found first line customer care has been pretty lacking and have shown little empathy or interest in taking any ownership of my issue.

But as with all call centre's it boils down to who answers your call & are they willing to go that extra mile in order to help you.  I'm more than sure there will be many front line agents in Vodafone who are doing their very best to help but held back by Vodafone's customer unfriendly & poorly thought out policies / procedures that are put in place.

Angrylady
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am having the same issue with an IPhone 12 ordered 19thNovember for my Grandaughters bday didn’t arrive so hoping to give her it for Xmas promised be here in time several times by Vodafone not arrived yet so frustrating

@Angrylady  Oh dear me, sorry to hear you are still waiting, its worth escalating considering you have waited SO long.  Far longer than I have waited. 

I would of been still waiting if by chance it had not been escalated as my order was closed down & no one in front line customer services picked up on it. Had to cancel original order & re-order. I just hope the same hasn't happened to you because it was noted when I spoke to my complaints manager there had been a few lately so do look into it, otherwise you'll be waiting for an order that will never turn up.  Best of luck getting it sorted out.

@AngryLady - It is incredibly frustrating. My order was made on the 13th November, so I know all to well how much of a nightmare this has been 😞. Hope you get a dispatch notification soon!!