Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting charged for additional data

dgenxxx
1: Seeker

Hello guys,

I'd like to share a very frustrating issue regarding my data usage. So I have a phone with a 2 year contact from Vodafone with 4 GB usable data per month . This month when I used up 2 gb of the data, I got a message that I've used up all my data and now they're charging me 6.50 pounds for every 250 mb data usage. What kind of low burglary is that??? If anyone has any advices, I would really appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @dgenxxx

If you are exceeding your data usage, it's time to contact Vodafone and negotiate an allowance more suitable for your needs, this will be a lot cheaper than paying for data as out of bundle.  It is always best to use WiFi where possible, this will conserve your data allowance for when you need it and are not in a Wifi area.

I always recommend keeping a close watch on your allowance through the My Vodafone Application and online account and make sure the data cap is in place to prevent goting over allowance.  There is more information here: Data Capping Managing and controlling your data usage

Fortunately, Vodafone have sent a warning message to let you know you have used your allowance and will be charged as out of bundle. If you need extra data in a hurry, there is always the extra but this will need to be cancelled or it will rollover on an month to month chargeable basis.  Vodafone Extras

63johnw

Hi @dgenxxx how long have you had the contract? Could it be you had a 2Gig extra as part of some deal that has expired? What does the my Vodafone app say you have ? 

AnnS

Good point there @63johnw

Certainly the extra 2GB may well have only been for the duration of the contract.