Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei mate 20 pro IMEI

Marcko
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I purchased a Huawei mate 20 pro mid December with the free talkband B5 promotion ongoing. Since then I've tried making the online claim for the free gift but it gives me an error saying that the IMEI is invalid. I've filled in the support form but haven't got back any feedback, I've also called huawei who advised that this problem is not on their side. I also recently noticed that the claim deadline is 3rd January 2019, so not too much time left to make the claim. 

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a solution? 

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Try clearing your browsers history and cache @Marcko to remove the saved info you've inputted and try again and or use another browser or another device to claim.

I assume your using the one in Terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/offers-and-promotions/huawei_mate_20_pro_and_free_huawei_talkba...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for replying @BandOfBrothers

I've tied clearing the browser and even using different devices but no luck with it.

And yes, I'm using the same link as the one you've provided.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Marcko

I was hoping the clear browser or use another device would have sorted this as your aware it's getting very close to the end of claim date :Sad_face:

I'm not sure what the Vodafone Social Media Teams here can do but hopefully they'll catch up in time to be able to advise.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Going through the obvious first, where are you getting the IMEI from, the "about phone" section of settings or was it written down for you? If the latter it might be wrong..... Double check it against the phone.

Also you are putting any 0s as numbers not letters? 

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

I'm getting the IMEI from the phone, and I've compared it a few times to the one on the box so I'm sure they match. It's also all numbers so no chance of swapping '0's for 'o's.

AnnS

Hiu @Marcko

Huawei would try to put the blame on the network, this is an Huawei promotion and they should be cooperative and helpful. 

Assuming you meet the necessary criteria, you are not the only one having difficulties, I have Googled the problem and the general advise available is to call the Huawei hotline on this link : https://www.huawei.com/uk/contact-us#hotline