cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have been charged upfront cost but the order is cancelled due to credit checks failed

faran
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening, 

I applied for Samsung S23 ultra with 25GB Airtime plan, got the confirmation email telling me my order number and confirming the delivery date etc but after some time got the email that my credit checks have failed and order is cancelled. The email says " Don't worry, you haven't been charged" but i checked my bank account i have been charged 49 pounds upfront cost. This is beyond my understanding that to first charge customers and then say "you haven't been charged"!!
(Order number WEB-0001000026562796
05 Feb 2023)

I should not even be charged before any credit checks.

Could you please let me know why is this happening and please refund my money back since you have canceled the order Kind regards

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You won't have been charged @faran , when you check your bank balance you will see two balances your pending and available balance where you will see the money would have been ringfenced in your pending transactions.  If Vodafone (the merchant) does not claim the money it will be returned to your available balance certainly by the end of the working week, or sooner since this was a due to a credit check failure.

The phone won't even be released until the 17th February and Vodafone would have been unable to claim the money until the device had been dispatched.

As far as the credit check is concerned, you can appeal the decision by follow the credit check appeal link here: Credit Checks