Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving Vodafone with a PAC

Simonion88
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi guys, I've tried getting an answer to this query via Vodafone CS and had conflicting answers. My contract ends on 13/02/23 and I called last month to inform that I'd be leaving Vodafone on this date. I said I wanted to keep my number with a PAC. The adviser set up a 30 day cancellation which will see me disconnect on 14/02/23.

I've now requested my PAC as I've 8 days left until I leave vodafone. The adviser I spoke to said I had acted incorrectly by initiating a 30 day cancellation, and I'd be charged an early cancellation fee if I use the PAC before my contract ends on 13/02/23.

My question is, what should I have done to leave Vodafone when my contract ends, while keeping my number? I don't want to let the 30 days lapse as they've stated my number will be lost entirely if this happens. But if I use my PAC before this date, I'll be charged an early cancellation fee?! 

Amy advice greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Providing the PAC is used on the day the contract ends @Simonion88 the contract will end without any termination charges. If it is used before the end date, there will be charges up to the end date.

There will be two further bills,  the final bill will have a 0.00 balance, keep the direct debit open, as line rental is in advance there will be a credit repaid into your bank account.

Thanks very much for the speedy reply!

The only reason I wanted to use the PAC slightly earlier is that my new SIM will take a few days to arrive in the post, and I didn't want to be left without a line connection in the meantime. I guess I just wondered if there had been anyway to avoid this had I acted differently?