Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

International Call Barring Query

wharfedale66
7: Helper

Hi, I have a monthly contract with a Samsung Fold 3 (which my son uses) with UK unlimited calls / texts.  He uses it for leisure mostly & some work related calls now & again.  Recently he got charged on a number he thought was just a UK mobile number he called but unfortunately on checking it was classed as Jersey I believe (prefix 077977). Cost him kinda £8.00 for just a short call, his company are going to pay it back to him as it was work related thankfully. 

Although it is not a lot of money, he had no idea it was international & he assumed (wrongly) looking at the number it was just a UK mobile number.

I thought it best to avoid this in future how can I set up a bar or block international numbers please? I realise you can quickly search google or Vodafone for call cost for a certain number, but unrealistic for him to do this all the time. He doesn't call anyone overseas or internationally so I thought a call block would be a good idea after speaking to him & he agreed.

Can this be done via his Samsung Fold ? I can't find anything in my Vodafone account when I login about switching on international barring?  I'm just concerned it will happen again but next time hes on the call for a long time & gets an unexpectedly large bill.

Any advice / help appreciated, thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

wharfedale66

Sorry but it seems my son has found how to do it from his Fold 3 using this helpful link

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-z-fold3-5g-android-11-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-c...

He literally text me 5 mins after posting for help  lol - apologies ! if a mod can delete help no longer required 😉

Hi @wharfedale66. It's great to see that you were able to find an answer to your question. If you would like additional reassurance on top of barring international calls through your son's device settings, we can also apply the necessary bar(s) on your Vodafone account at a network level. 

As we don't have access to your Vodafone account through the Community, if you'd like the relevant bars applied through your Vodafone account, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Social Media team. 

If you don't have social media, you can also get in touch with us over the phone on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile (03333 040191 from any other UK phone - charges depend on the network provider), via Live Chat online, or by popping into your nearest Vodafone Hub