Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Invalid number

Crestwood
2: Seeker

I have just ported over to vodafone network with a new samsung s8+ phone. Now I get invaild number for one of my contacts. This contact can call me and text me but I can't. Customer service have tried resetting my phone and network to no joy. The contact saying there network can't see a problem. Help

25 REPLIES 25

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Crestwood

This may not necessarily be your problem and it might be worth checking the person you are not calling and texting has not accidentally blocked your number on their handset.  To check this try calling the number again but adding #31#, this will withhold your number, if this connects you know you have been accidentally blocked.

Also try deleting the contact and readding and ask the person you are calling to do the same.  This can sometimes sort the problem out.

The person you are trying call can also try a replacement SIM card from their provider, this may sort out the problem at the receiving end.

Hi AnnS

Thanks foryour reply. We Have tried all you suggest apart from the new sim.  But this contact is my Mum and until both me and my wife ported our numbers onto the vodafone network we had no problem.

AnnS

Hi @Crestwood

Is your Mother on Vodafone or an alternative network?  I am thinking along the lines of being unable to call numbers on an alternative network.

The best thing to go is to let the forum Team catch up with the thread, they will be able to investigate further or put you in contact with the Team who will be able to help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Crestwood So we can take a look into your account and see why this is happening when you call your Mum, I've sent you a private message with details to contact us. Please follow these details and we'll be in touch.

MJF120

Did this ever get fixed for you? I have had the same problem for about 9 months and cannot get Vodafone to fix it.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MJF120 If you'd like our team to look into why you're getting an invalid number for one of your contacts, then please contact us using the information in my private message.

Ebor5537

Did this ever get resolved for you? Ive got the same issue with my s9 and no one at vodafone customer services has helped with a solution. Ive tried all of the solutions offered to no success. 😐

Yes, it did finally get fixed. In my case it turned out to be some issue about vodafone WiFi calling. Wifi calling was enabled when the number ported and it caused an issue with vodafone users trying to call it. somebody clever eventually looked at this and reset it at the network and no problems since then.

Glad to hear!

Ahh ok, im not if its a coincidence but last night i started receiving ims service notifications, something to do with vodafone wifi calling. 

Ill try tech support again - thank you