cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost for words No idea what to do next ?

Lowsignal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have been a Vodafone customer for years. Have 4 services including broadband (full fibre) Mobile, Tablet and Apple watch. Back in July I lost all access to my online account including the mobile app. This was just totally random and sudden. I would attempt to login online and i would keep getting error message

" An unexpected error occurred when trying to log You in. Please wait a moment then try again "

No matter how many times i would try same error. Same thing was happening on the mobile app. 

Since July i have been back and fourth with CS so many times i have lost count. They have tried changing username and password several times even wiping the entire account and starting again. Every time i would ask for this case to be escalated they just kept repeating the same steps over and over again. 

Eventually i ended up writing to the CEO office to see if i get could get something done about this. Unfortunately my case got passed to a very unsympathetic complaint handler who advised they would sort it out then just vanished on me with out any correspondence for weeks. After several more phone calls to the complaints department she comes back and says sorry nothing we can do here you will just have to go on without having an online account!  No explanation has been given as to why i cant access my account she just keeps repeating it must be glitch some where ....we have no idea??  

I can not accept that this is the final resolution?  I have been a customer for years, had access to my account for years but now all of a sudden i have no access and its just something i have to live with. 

If anyone knows any way i can in touch with the right people who can help i would be very great-full. there must be someone for instance on the technical team who can sort this out.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You would have cleared your PC cookies and cache after speaking with Customer Services @Lowsignal , very often it's a simple cookies preventing log in.

You have already been through the complaints process and been assigned a case handler and they should have given updated support.  Speak to the Social Team through social media channels here: Contact Us , they will be able to chase this up for you and get your online account online.

Hi

I did that already Deleted all cookies, tried different web browsers. different laptops, phones etc...CS deleted and installed fresh account still no access. the complaint handler has now told me there is nothing more they can do. I just have to live with having no online account! 

Its unbelievable.  trying to find some support on here is now my last resort. 

I already contacted You via twitter. they just doing the exact same thing again trying to change and reset . im back to square one. it just dosent work. But i can see others having this problem to so its not just me.

chistery
16: Advanced member

Start following the complaints process. document everything. Vodafone first line staff do all they can by making up stuff to fob you off at any opportunity so you go away. They will try to get complaints closed, but stick with it, hopefully you'll find someone who actually can help.

Hi

But thats just the thing i already have!  I emailed the CEO. i got a response from his office. they passed the case to a complaint handler called Apple. She was dreadful! went on leave for weeks and just left me hanging. when she came back she just said "sorry we cant help you, you have no access to your account but you have to understand access to your online account is complimentary and we dont have to provide it"  I kid you not this is what she said. i would copy and paste the entire email in here but im not sure if that is against the rules. She went on further to say my complaint is now dead locked and i have no choice but to accept her resolution!  Seriously?

I have 4 services from Vodfone Fibre, mobile, apple watch and tablet and she expects me to  just trust what ever they are charging me with no ability to access the accounts of any of these services!  it really is unbelievable

I dont know where to turn to now ?  

chistery

If you have got to deadlock there's not a lot more Vodafone will do unless you find someone who actually wants to help, but I doubt that'll happen now.

You have to go to CISAS or the FOS now and be reasonable with what you expect to be done to resolve this to your satisfaction. If you want to be let out of all your contracts with no penalty, then ask for that, and be prepared to leave and go elsewhere.

I would expect Vodafone to be sending paper bills if they cannot provide online access. They have a duty under their BACS guidelines to inform you of your direct debit amount. If they are failing this you can also complain to BACS.

There's a reason Vodafone are one of the most complained about networks. They do not care about their customers.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lowsignal. It's really odd to hear that your online account suddenly stopped working. I'm sorry for the experience you've had in tried to resolve this. We don't have access over the forum to view account details and we'll need to do this in order to review your online account issue and next steps to resolve this for you.

Please reach out to the Social Media team again including a link to the thread and your username, and the agent will be able to review your account to look for alternative options so we can get you access back to your online account with us 🙂