Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data says "no internet" !!!

tim777
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The internet is unavailable through my mobile data since the last renewal of my monthly data allowance.

I've tried all the obvious tips from a Google search - turn on/off, flight mode on/off, wipe cache, access point names, preferred network etc and still doesn't work

Helpful to have access to internet through mobile data for messages from work so if anyone has any other ideas, they would be appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Totally appreciate being connected is important via mobile data @tim777 

I assume all was fine before.

Is this happening everywhere  ?

Is this happening if you try your sim in another phone ?

Can you choose another network in the phones connection settings and then re choose Vodafone.

Double check mobile data is on.

Check any mobile data settings such as data limit settings. 

Check everything in your myvodafone. 

If this was my situation I'd have a word with customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams  just to check the account.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @tim777 

I would check your Application, this will show your remaining monthly allowance.  If you still have the allowances available, this will most likely be your phone.  Check your mobile data application on the phone this may have been set too low preventing your phone from using any further data.

Just in case the APN settings are incorrect, text WEB to 40127 to download the settings and update the SIM on the network.

Guys 

You have been super helpful.

Going through Network & Internet, Data Usage on the phone, tells me I've used no data and have 21 days left before the amount renews.

Logging into My Vodafone app (which I very rarely do), it tells me I have no data left and plan renews in one day !

This looks like it might be the issue but not sure why the discrepancy ? Surely both places to see the amount of data left per month should be in sync - looks like I have to just check by using the app and ignoring the phone ?

Will know after tomorrow.

AnnS

Yes @tim777 

Your data usage with Vodafone will be automatically capped and you should have received a text message notification when close to the limit. It will be impossible to go over the allowance without purchasing extra data.  If you need extra data, you can purchase the extra here: Vodafone Extras 

Certainly worth checking here: Managing your data 

It sounds like you could do with some extra monthly data and worth having a chat with Vodafone, they should be able to give you an increased allowance to save you running out.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @tim777 

There can be sometimes a slight discrepancy between the phone's data monitor and a network app.

Go with the app.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.