Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My sim card is not activating

stephen1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cannot use the simswap as i cannot get a temporary phone number as the sim card is not registering on the network

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @stephen1976 

If you are porting over a number, numbers don't port over a weekend on any network and you will find the number start to transfer over the following working day.

If this is new contract, the SIM would have been automatically activated when placed in the phone, but can take up to 24 hours to active.  Try refreshing and updating the SIM on the network, this is completed by doing a manual roam.  Depending on the phone you are using, settings, connectivity, mobile neworks, manual, select any other network, wait for the request to be rejected and reselect Vodafone.  Please also see device guides here: Support for devices 

There is also some helpful information from Vodafone on the following link inclouding Vodafone's recommendation of trying the SIM in an alternative phone.  Network Issues 

If you were able to add more information, it would help to get a better reply back to you.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @stephen1976 

May I ask.....

Are you using a blank sim card that has been supplied by Vodafone directly.

A blank sim card is a sim that has no mobile number associated with it yet ?

What-is-a-SIM-swap-and-how-long-does-it-take. 

May I ask ask the reason behind why your needing to perform a sim swap as this could help to shape our replies to you.

The Social Media Team's can access your account if you contact them by Twitter or Facebook … Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Very occasionally, SIM activation can fail.   If this happens, further attempts do not unblock it, but simply sit in a queue behind it.   If yours is still not working, your best bet is to contact the Social Media team, who know the procedure and can get you up and running quickly.   Frontline customer services tend just to re-try, which won't work.   It's happened to me.