Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

I would like to add I have now encountered the same problem after porting my number from Three. I was told the port would be done by the end of 30th August, but it ended up occurring at 8am this morning. I am unable to send/receive texts or receive calls. I will try calling later, but the replies here over the years do not inspire me with confidence, so I am posting here in the hope of a prompt reply as well.

Everything now working after discussing with the live chat. It just took longer than expected.

All working  now! Took about a week after my call.

Kirstiemeasures
1: Seeker

Hi

i am incredibly disappointed with the service so far. I have been with Vodafone for less than a week. I cannot send or receive text messages, and I cannot receive calls. I have tried sooo many times to talk to someone and have had miltiple conversations online with the tec-bots who have assured me every time that the issue has resolved. If I get told once more to turn my phone on and off again I will throw my phone out the window. It’s very frustrating and I wish I had stayed with EE now.

feltham1983

I rely wish I was able to read this forum before I joined vodafone and was never have done it. I got my phone thursday and did the number transfer told would happen on friday between 11am and 5pm (as per website) however you phone technical and get told it takes til midnight. 

I have phoned the porting team who confirm the number is active on the network but if you try calling it the dialling tone is dead and can't receive text messages, I haven't had a service since Friday at 2pm when EE signal was lost.

Not the best customer service either becasue its (switch your phone off, take the sim out for 30 mins, switch your phone on) done that like 10 times now and still nothing... got a survey "How would you rate vodafeon to your friends 1 not good - 10 the best?" at present it would be 2 or 3. The shop were i got handset was brilliant. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

For anyone who finds themselves in this situation:

Call 191 and ask to be transferred to to the porting team. They're the experts who can fix issues like this. The same thing happened to me when I ported back into Vodafone. It was only when someone in the porting team took ownership did things get fixed.