Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failure To Log a Termination of Contract

SimonMJ
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there I wonder if anyone has experience of the following with Vodafone. I had a 2 year contract with Vodafone which started in July 2019. In September 2021 I wanted to move to another provider, so I did, and I informed Vodafone by phone that I wanted to end the contract. Its my fault, but I noticed 2 years later that the direct debit monthly payments has still gone out all of that time. I rang Vodafone (in August 2023) and they said they had not received any cancellation notices. They admit that the phone/sim had not been used during the period 2021-2023. I told them to cancel it again, immediately, which they said they did, but I have now found out that they still have not cancelled it. Does anyone have any experience of this please? Thank you for your help. 

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Don't depend on Customer Services to cancel an account @SimonMJ . Make the cancellation yourself, networks have made this easy now and you are able to get a PAC or STAC code by text. The quickest way to cancel is through your online account  Follow this link: Cancel Account 

As far as your account is concerned, you would have received billing notifications on a monthly basis and this should have sent some alarm bells.

The best thing to do is to send the Social Team a message with a link to the thread here Contact Us , when they have your details for account access they will be in a position to help.