Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number Spoofing

Psl55
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’m getting calls from people saying they’ve had a missed call from me, but I haven’t called them.

internet search shows that someone has copied my number and is using it to make nuisance calls 

Vodafone aren’t interested or don’t understand what I’m talking about 

Anyone got any advice please

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Customer services on 191 should be able to look into this for you @Psl55

If needed ask for a UK Call Centre so.nothing is lost in translation when your explaining what you believe is happening. 

Can you try your SIM card in another phone just to rule out pocket dialing.

I assume there are no unknown numbers in your phone apps dialer recents list ?

And also that a rogue app you may have is doing this.

Putting the phone in safe mode if available on your phone will disable all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this situation. 

As a very last resort Vodafone can change your mobile phone number. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm seeing this issue reported in other places as well, on other networks..

Going to take a bit of work from the networks to identify where the calls are coming from. I would suspect that they change numbers regularly and it probably won't affect each person for too long, but it would be very annoying. I imagine it will be quite hard to get an off shore call centre to understand. It'll take a bit of escalating and a few complaints.

I'm surprised so many people call back an unknown number though.

This was Vodafone’s “solution”

Dear Customer,

2G only:

Touch Settings
Touch Cellular Or Mobile Data
Touch Mobile Data Options
Touch Voice & Data
Select 2G

Manual roam :

Touch Settings
Touch Carrier
Turn Automatic OFF
Touch any network apart from Vodafone
Go back in Settings and then into Carrier again
Touch Vodafone Network.

Hard Reset :

Press and hold the On/Off button and the home button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then let go.
Your iPhone should switch back on in a couple of minutes

Thank You for Calling Vodafone.

They just don’t understand, they think I’m getting Spam calls, no mater how many times I explain

Also got this 

Dear Valued Customer,

Kindly text the word ?CALL? to 7226 free from your Vodafone mobile, we?ll reply to ask you for the phone number you?re receiving the span calls from so we can register your complaint, gather evidence for regulatory authorities (Which may prevent them from contacting you again) in addition to spotting new types of spam.

Vodafone Technical Care.

chistery
16: Advanced member

You have to laugh at how bad Vodafone support teams are.

It'll take a lot of complaints and the UK teams involved to get anywhere. WIth an issue that's becoming widespread like this though, it'll be in the media soon enough, that always helps.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we'll need access to your account to see where these calls are coming from @Psl55. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

chistery

The problem here will be that it's not the calls that Psl55 is getting that's the problem, it's the calls the other people get with the spoofed CLI, that then call that number. 

auxinelectro
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

this exact issue happened to me on Thursday last week.. vodafone changed my number.. 

Vodafone have offered me a number change, but as it hasn’t happened again I declined 

it would mean an awful lot of hassle